Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/28/2003 11:22:37 AM EDT
when you guys ship guns via FedEx and UPS, what do you tell them is in the box?
im legaly shipping a weapon to an FFL in another state, and am nervous about this being stolen if its known that there is a rifle in the box.
thanx
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:37:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I load trucks for FedEx Ground and I see guns every now and then.  It doesn't matter what you tell them is in it.  The people who would be most likely to steal it won't see the paperwork that goes with it.  They'll just see another box coming down the conveyor belt.  A long thin box being shipped to a gun shop is a dead give away for a rifle.  Also, I wouldn't ship it in a box that has a Winchester or Remington logo or something on it.  Be sure you package it very well because boxes bust open all the time and it is a perfect opportunity for someone to steal it.  About a week and a half ago a box of Harry Potter books busted open and a coworker said something about stealing them (he's an ex-cop, go figure), but most of the people I work with are honest.  Just package it in a well-secured, plain box and the risk of it being stolen is very slim.  Computers are usually the most stolen items.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#2]
i was wondering something similar.  Can a non FFL legally send to an FFL in another state for transfer, or must he use an FFL to send to another FFL?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 2:48:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Legally someone can send any rifle or handgun to an FFL, but some shippers won't do that. UPS will ship long guns non FFL to FFL but not pistols. They say FFL to FFL. Fed Ex says the same thing, but I have done it 2-3 day air without problem. I tell them what is in the box and heavily insure it.
Now, some FFL's wont accept anything from non FFL's. You have to ask the recieving dealer what his policy is. I have used my C&R as a valid liscence for the Dealer par4t but will not work with sending thru USPS, as I am not a "dealer". Its very confusing....
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:34:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I've always sent and received firearms through the US Postal Service. When I've mailed them, I've never declared them a firearm or indicated such on the package.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:36:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I got a little flack from a mail boxes etc employee when I walked in with a 74 kit hanging out the box, he said he couldnt ship guns ups, I said it wasnt a gun, it was gun parts, he then reiterated their policy on not shipping guns ups, so I asked him to look at the box it came ups and it was going out ups. He  then said, ok what he didnt know wouldnt hurt him.
I put "Metal parts" on the invoice and he laughed at that one. Hey I was telling the truth. Metal parts and insured for 1,000.00.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top