Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2003 6:55:41 AM EDT
i've been mulling this idea over.  i was looking at the ceiner converison kits and thought that i would like to have a .22 lr barrel permanently pressed in the trunion to make a dedicated rifle.  have any of you guys done this or thought of doing it?  
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:53:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been mulling it myself.  It seems that you could get a .22 bull barrel turned down to the correct profile and press it into the trunion.

You could mount the FSB, and the GB also if you want the AK 'look'.  You wouldn't need it . . . Ceiner and Atchisson kits are pure blow-back.

Do you have any skill with a lathe?

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#2]
At least a couple of companies in the 80's made .22 rifles that were copies of the AK-47. Granted they were not AK's chambered in .22LR, they just looked similar.

www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/0800/841.htm

www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/0500/587.htm
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a link to GunsAmerica with an auction for a Armscor M16 look-alike and another for the Armscor AK-47 look-alike.

www.gunsamerica.com/searches/Pvjbo9jr-NoAAAWAQ5Y-1.htm
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:06:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:19:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Campisino what are some other sources for the EG .22 lr AKs ?
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I was thinking of building one too. think a person could get a OOW or Hesse reciever without the rails, center trunion, or trigger holes drilled?

The KK-MPi-69 used a dif FCG than a regular AKM. and the center trunion was replaced with a "ejector block" kinda like a FAL.

sorry quality is poor, best I could manage

note the odd selector, with clearance for the different axis pin holes

I bet getting U.S. made parts would be a pain, not to mention drilling the holes for the axis pins for the smaller FCG. I wonder if the kits from Inter-Ordnance had the part of the reciever included with the FCG axis pin holes

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#7]
You guys have convinced me. i'm going to do it.  I think that I'll slowly start assmbling the needed parts.  i like the idea of an OOW receiver, some front/rear trunions from k-var, and a 10/22 bull barrel to re-profile.  of course a ceiner conversion kit.  i think i want to keep it to as many off the shelf parts as i can, instead of the East German .22 AK.  then again a $260 WASR-10 may be a good starter also.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:16:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I dont think Interodnance ever had the kits;I have been looking for a complete one for awhile; They did have Steyr MP-69 kits, which maybe where the confusion lies.

I am collecting the parts for one, so far I have a live bolt, and have a line on a dewatted complete rifle. ALso have a bunch of mags for it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:08:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:24:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Over at the the K-VAR forum, the admin said they could get'm if there was enought interest.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 1:09:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Having finally been able to play with a complete one, its would help a new build if you had some receiver parts.

The Interordnance deal maybe why there is allot of demilled MPi-69 kits on the German market now-Most are missing most of the receiver. The receiver is not restricted over here, so dewatts or parts kits just have the barrel and bolt welded. Rememember that Interordnance has a European (dont know which one came first) office in Austria that sells dewatts and some live military style guns.

When I find it, I will post a pic of the live MPi-69 bolt.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top