Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2003 4:46:34 PM EDT
I'm curious as to the date of manufacture for each type of AK (type 1, type 2, etc).  Is there a web resource for this?

Also, what are the correct mags for each type?  I'm wondering if I need a slab-side for my type III build . . .

Thanks all!

Rich
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I think they had the ribbed mags for the late type II's and the III's.

Not 100% sure though.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:28:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#4]
WOW!  What a great link!  Campy, you should sticky this one IMO.  It's too good to fall to the bottom.

I'm intrigued by the date codes mentioned for the type II and III's . . . I assumed that my type III was a '52 because the number 52 is stamped on the receiver wall of the stub.  Is that the date, or is the date encoded in the serial num?

I'm going to get a digicam and post pics so you guys can see what I'm talking about . . .

Rich
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Campy, thanks for keeping it alive! I remember it falling of the boards (may have been a server crash) way back when it was first posted a couple of years ago...and that was on an AK site!

Hopefully KMFDM will chime back in with more info soon...

_dis, I personally like to throw a ribbed steel 30 rounder in my Type III for display, and reserve the slabbers for the T1 and T2 kits. Personal preference really. I also sometimes like to use an Aluminium mag for the early 1960 AKM mock up I have, but the matte black ribbed mag does look great in it too.
Also, to my knowledge, all .30 caliber Russian Kalashnikovs whether RPK, AKM or AK-47 had 4 digit year codes (i.e. 1952ã the ã symbol is short for gode or year). BTW, I have never seen a year code on a T3....
-C
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top