Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/23/2003 10:00:58 AM EDT
Going thru my AK stuff, I found this cleaning kit I bought in the early 90's. Figured I'd post a pic of it to see if any of you AK's guru's could help me id it.

From left to right:
Parkerized steel hinged case with a tension spring inside to keep the parts from rattling.
Cleaning tip with a slot cut in it, fits my AK cleaning rods just fine.
Non-tapered punch that is the same diameter as a AK axis pin.
Tapered Punch.
Some kind of combination tool.
Gas port cleaner - doesn't fit any of my AK's.
Gas chamber reamer w/ a sleeve that fits over the end of it - again to big for any of the AK's I've run across.
7.62 X 39mm ruptured case extractor, very well made.

None of the parts are marked in any way. Is this some kind of RPD kit?

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:31:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Well Campy, I'm not sure its for an AK, I thought at first it was a RPK kit, after I ruled out the RPK, I assumed it might be for a RPD.
I bought it in the early 90's at the big Astrohall gun show they have in Houston. There used to be this foreign fellow who had a table always at the very back of the show. He had all kinds of rare Warsaw Pact parts and misc, mostly E. German stuff. He had quite a few of these kits and told me they were East German. I bought it mainly for the 7.62 x 39mm ruptured case extractor. The non-tapered punch is handy for assemmbly of FCG's on stamped AK recievers.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top