Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/22/2003 4:57:57 PM EDT
Check it out guys....one of our guys took the photo and S.W.A.T. decided to use it for the cover of the August Issue.  There's an excellent article with numerous combat camera photos of our servicemembers in action.

KF
"Still Deployed"

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:33:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Note the Pom in the middle NOT carrying his SA80. Wonder how long it took to break this time around....
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:08:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks cool, have to see if i can find it downtown tonight. Scour all the pics for a "KF wuz here" tag on the random bomb or radio tower.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:39:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is SWAT put out by the guy who used to run "The Firing Line"? He seemed like a good guy from his posts there and I've heard the magazine (if I am thinking of the right one) was better than the run of the mill gun rags. I've sort of given up on the gun magazines, but I'll pick that issue up.

I subscribe to SWAT magazine and it is a good gun magazine.  It's definitely worth picking up.  Yes it is put out by Rich who used to run thefiringline.com.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Guys,

Remember, this is an August Issue....Not on the streets yet.  We got a copy due to the picture being used.

KF
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:24:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Guys,

Remember, this is an August Issue....Not on the streets yet.  We got a copy due to the picture being used.

KF

You sure about that KF...I had my copy about two weeks ago!!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:33:04 AM EDT
[#8]
dammn KF.. you are everywhere!

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:39:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
dammn KF.. you are everywhere!

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:43:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Check it out guys....one of our guys took the photo and S.W.A.T. decided to use it for the cover of the August Issue.  There's an excellent article with numerous combat camera photos of our servicemembers in action.

KF
"Still Deployed"

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=14924&iGalleryUnq=443&iImageUnq=13980

Don't ask, Don't tell
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:54:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Snark1,

I would really like to hear your reasoning for raising the bullshit flag.....and also the don't ask, don't tell comment.

The photographer who took that photo on the cover of SWAT Magazine is SSgt David Donovan.  He's here in the same unit that I'm deployed with....

We went out on another Blackhawk ride today and here he is:

as well as me out over the Persian Gulf:

So please, explain your actions.  If you would like his email address over here, IM me and I will give it to you.  I'm sure he will email you a copy of the original photo used on the cover.

KF
"Still Deployed"
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:08:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:13:00 AM EDT
[#13]
kf- as usual, a great post!!!

you are my hero ;)

keep it coming and stay safe (until you get home of course!)
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:27:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Thats Awesome Krinkfreak!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Better yet.....let me point you to the photo...

Scroll down about half way....you'll see it.

ranchrescuecolorado.com/September%20Memories%20page%2014.htm

Be careful when you raise the bullshit flag.

KF
"Still Deployed"
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
snark, care to explain your comments?

I think his silence speaks volumes. My cristal ball says he will re-regester with a new name and learn to keep his trap shut. Or, he is attending junior high summer school and got cought using the school's computer.

KF, a friend of mine Robert Olague is a NRA instructer who is going to write an article for SWAT, keep an eye on it.SWAT and SAR are the only gun rags I subscribe too, although I also should get Shotgun News. Stay safe and God bless.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:51:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:57:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:03:55 AM EDT
[#19]
We had thirty copies sent to our unit because of the photo being used.....I assumed that it was not on the street when I originally posted....I could be wrong.  It may already be out there....

KF
"Still Deployed"
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#20]
This photo was taken shortly after "Shock and Awe" started....

It's right off the Joint Combat Camera Center website...

In response to the first alert on this forward deployed base since Operation Iraqi Freedom started, Capt. Russell Flaming signs in for accountability reasons as Master Sgt. Troy Deaton holds a flashlight inside "Bunker 34". Both members are assigned to the 379 Expeditionary Communications Squadron. (U.S Air Force photo by Master Sgt. Terry L. Blevins)(Released)
VIRIN: 030321-F-5712B-137   Date Shot:   Photographer: MASTER SGT TERRY L. BLEVINS

And another one......

Master Sgt. Troy Deaton with the 379th Expeditionary Communications Squadron, ties on an Ohio State college flag to be flown on top of an tower that is being erected in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom March 22, 2003. Operation Iraqi Freedom is the multi-national coalition effort to liberate the Iraqi people, eliminate Iraq's weapons of mass destruction, and end the regime of Saddam Hussein. (U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. David Donovan) (Released)
VIRIN: 030323-F-8966D-001   Date Shot:   Photographer: SSGT DAVID DONOVAN

See, I don't play the bullshit games like a few others do.....

KF
"Still Deployed"
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:59:25 AM EDT
[#21]
The guys on the cover are Aussies arent they?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:18:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:09:37 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The guys on the cover are Aussies arent they?

One American, One British, and One Australian...

Representing the three main coalition partners...

Ken, you tell Miss RSA I'll have to collect one day in person...

Thanks,
KF
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top