Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/22/2003 5:56:49 AM EDT
Missed a chance to get one several years ago. Now I need one.  Any one know where I can find one?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:06:25 AM EDT
[#1]
you basically will have to scour  all the disscusion boards in their for sale section. or you can always post on the WTB forums on different disscusion boards, they pop up every now and again, and are quickly snatch up ....there is no distubutor, that I know that have them. all of them have to be found on the secondary, or private markets.

might also wna to try this board,

www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/collectors.cgi

www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/wanted.cgi

good luck on your hunt

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I found one at Tulsa for 15 bucks, man that twenty dollar bill flew out of my billfold like a F-4 Phantom with afterburners kicked in.

Might try a WTB on a couple of AK boards. Why would you want one of those old obsolete slab sides ? They would only be correct for a Type I or II right ;)
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:08:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Chamberlan only has two, for his own rifles.  I'll try elki and tantal.  If anyone finds one around, keep me in mind.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:34:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Saw a add in the last SGN selling some slab sided AK mags.  I think Sarco but not sure.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:00:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Saw a add in the last SGN selling some slab sided AK mags.  I think Sarco but not sure.

yep it's sarco, 45 bucks in good condition. Pg 94 Vol. 57 #18

it's in .pdf form on their web site....

www.sarcoinc.com
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:26:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Well..They are hard to find I guess. I am working a deal right now for about 50 or so hopefully it does not fall through plus about 100 russian ridgeback a few hungarian and romanians also we shall see I guess.

I have a question for AK mag afficionados out there-I recently found a plastic/bakelite mag. that is waffle pattern unmarked as of a cursory look and is kind of a translucent brownish color-Dunno here. Also I have found a RPK drum I believe was made at Polyany also.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't want to hijack mg34's post, but I as well have been looking for at least four new ones- new in wrap preferably.  If you get a bunch I would certainly be interested.  I balked once over the fact they were described as being "electropenciled"- any idea if they all are like that?  Anyway, after mg gets his, I would gladly cough up for some pristine new ones if anyone can help.  In the meantime I will certainly post back here should I run across any.

GoGo
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:00:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I wouldnt balk over "electro penciled".  I had an original chinese mag from Vietnan that had it's markings put on with electric pencil type process.  Anyway, at $45 a pop, I think I'll only buy one for "the wall".
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top