Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/20/2003 9:05:33 AM EDT
Please forgive me for , but...

Is this ever going to happen?  I was REALLY looking forward to participating in such a group purchase.  Is anybody here "in the know" regarding the life or death of this possibility?  I searched but didn't see any real discussion of this in some time - if I missed it, I apologize.

BTW, I read all the back-and-forth crap about the supplier that was originally proposed, etc., so PLEASE don't rehash all that again here...

CAMPY:  If I'm somehow out of line here, please feel free to delete this.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:26:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:36:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
... it seems to be a no-interest project at this point.

I REALLY hate that.  It would have been nice...
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:16:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, it would have been nice. I have moved on and bought several AK's in the interim, however:

Polytech Legend underfolder
Hungarian underfolder
Krink build going now

Next year if the ban dies I plan on a SAM-7 or something similar.

AND I've got a Bulgy '74 kit in my closet.

I'm all set.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#4]
We are going to get Gary from Solstice Arms to build us a LEGP AK.  Everyone has to send him a parts kit and a non-refundable deposit for $500 dollars.

Don't worry, it's all good.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
We are going to get Gary from Solstice Arms to build us a LEGP AK.  Everyone has to send him a parts kit and a non-refundable deposit for $500 dollars.

does he take paypal?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:29:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Kinda what I was talking about NOT talking about in the original post...

But, as my questions have already been answered, flame away...  

... at Gary/Solstice, NOT me, okay?!?!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:04:57 PM EDT
[#7]
We sort of already had a group thing with the 14+ AK74's that Troy at INrange built for us and perhaps we could all do something similar in the future if we can all agree on what kits to use and what builder can do several at a time like Troy did and of course keep up updated with great photos.  He maybe Troy wants another go round?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
nick, no...you are not out of line in any way.

i put together a package deal after hours of hammering out the details. the proposed builder (not sai) and some other folks also invested their time into the project. all this happened after the sai meltdown, the project being abandoned by the person originally in charge of putting a deal together and the meltdown of the ar side do to the antics of some staff members and site members.

i presented all the info to the site admin. that was quite some time ago. it seems to be a no-interest project at this point.

Bob,
PLEASE let us not give up on this.

I've spent the last couple of weeks with Ed trying to help hammer out the last few details on the AR15.com AR-10 with ArmaLite.  (I've got to tell you Mark Westrom, ArmaLite's Pres., gave from the heart on this deal !)  That negotiation is now completed and our folks should be able to begin ordering rifles in the next few days.

I, a minority of one, have already posted my preference for the next AR15.com weapon - an AK !!  Let's let our members financially recover from this buy and then go after an AK for the next.  How many AR buys do we need ??  Anyway, count me in as part of YOUR team when the time comes to make the move.

Edited to add:  This site is now virtually an 'all' guns site and AK's play a large part.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:30:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... it seems to be a no-interest project at this point.

I REALLY hate that.  It would have been nice...

NickF, it can still be just as NICE.

No way am I ready to give up on this deal yet.  However, we do have to work on the timing to present our deal.  I'm sure CAMPYBOB will work that out.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:19:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yeah, it would have been nice. I have moved on and bought several AK's in the interim, however:

I'm all set.

This sounds like the rest of us. I think this is why it died.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm all set.

Yup.
Lots of AK options out there right now. Got tired of waiting. And to be honest, I'm glad I did.

My Hungarian underfolder shoots great! Extremely pleased and for a great price too. Surprised though that it has some trigger slap.

5subslr5,
Find a good rec for a build in whatever caliber you want and get a new Bulgy kit. Have ORF or INRANGE build it for you. My advice anyway.

Otherwise a rifle from AKUSA, Global, or get an SAM-7. Krebs has a really nice AK clone-forgot name but it should be easy to find. Buy a preban if you can swing it. IMO preban AK's can be had for excellent prices still. If you can wait until 9/04 you will be able to get a SAM-7 with the evil features hopefully. My plans anyway.

There are more options right now than you can shake a stick at.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:55:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm all set.

Yup.
Lots of AK options out there right now. Got tired of waiting. And to be honest, I'm glad I did.

My Hungarian underfolder shoots great! Extremely pleased and for a great price too. Surprised though that it has some trigger slap.

5subslr5,
Find a good rec for a build in whatever caliber you want and get a new Bulgy kit. Have ORF or INRANGE build it for you. My advice anyway.

Otherwise a rifle from AKUSA, Global, or get an SAM-7. Krebs has a really nice AK clone-forgot name but it should be easy to find. Buy a preban if you can swing it. IMO preban AK's can be had for excellent prices still. If you can wait until 9/04 you will be able to get a SAM-7 with the evil features hopefully. My plans anyway.

There are more options right now than you can shake a stick at.

drj, in the short time I've ben visiting the AK Forum for advice, these guys have already corrupted me !!  (And may yet bankrupt me.....)

I've bought an SAR-2, SAM-7 and a Krebs gun.  Managed to catch all three used and I think got pretty good deals.

I still believe an AR15.com AK should be offered and I believe we'll get good response when it's presented to our members.  On a good group buy we can maximize value and in the AK world you already good a pretty good bang for the buck - pun intended - and we can do even better on a group buy.

I also believe that sometime next year some thought should be given to an AR15.com hand gun group purchase.  This site has moved past AR's only and, IMHO, it is time our group buys reflected that reality.

5sub
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:35:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Let's let our members financially recover from this buy (AR-10 project) and then go after an AK for the next.  How many AR buys do we need ??  

We need to help the USA economy, let's hurry up with this project.  

TALKING ABOUT PROJECTS, HOW ABOUT AN AR-15.COM PISTOL!!!!!  I WOULD LOVE THAT.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:29:55 AM EDT
[#14]
No, no, no...!
If we're going to do this let's shoot for next fall. It'll take almost that long to put together anyway and I want a Bulgy '74 with bayo lug and sidefolder.

Oh yeah. That's the ticket. We need to get ahead of the game on this though because if we wait until next fall it is going to be tough to get parts or line up 'smiths.

Now this I can get excited about. Damn excited.

5subslr5,
I feel your pain!

guys,
We need someone to take command of this project and get things lined up. I would nominate Campybob to at least start things off. He knows all of the players and would have the best idea of what we'll need:

Maybe some of the new Global receivers.
Bulgy parts kits.
Sidefolders
RSA FCG's
other US parts

It will be essential that we decide as a group on configuration early on.

Why did you guys have to bring this up again. I'll never get my house paid off at this rate. Oh why, oh why...? [>(]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:42:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
No, no, no...!

Why did you guys have to bring this up again. I'll never get my house paid off at this rate. Oh why, oh why...? [>(]

[tongue in cheek] Debt, it's whats for dinner...[/tongue in cheek]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:14:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Eating rice & beans, or Top Ramen is worth the price of another AK.

Remember how long that AK LEGP thread was! Goatboy locked it, a new one started, and then it fizzled away.  Of course we all know why it died(SAI).

As mentioned before there are many great products on the market now, and some very good gunsmiths to build whatever you want(NEED).

I would be interested in a LEGP, but I also need to recover from my latest purchases.  

Gobals receivers will not be available until the Fall, which most likely means next year.  I hope these receivers live up to all the hype.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:21:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Evil features, eavil features!

Now that is worth eating ramen noodles.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:49:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

We need to help the USA economy, let's hurry up with this project.  

TALKING ABOUT PROJECTS, HOW ABOUT AN AR-15.COM PISTOL!!!!!  I WOULD LOVE THAT.

There was a 1911 LEGP in early 1992 or so.  Tons of interest but only sold about 35 of them.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top