Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2003 9:49:44 AM EDT
Assuming that one could get comfortable that the AKS-762 was in fact a preban, I'm thinking that an AKS-762 with side folding stock and red furniture, or reddish furniture, would be worth about $900 - agree or disagree ??

Then what would be the 'correct' flash suppressor to put on this AK ?? And does anyone know where the suppressor could be bought and roughly how much would it cost ??

Same question for a scope rail - where could I get one and how much would it cost  ??
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#1]
$900 or less would be a good price. I'm not sure exactly what brake options they had from the factory, I know the .223's came with flash hiders (Norinco/not so sure about Polytech). Chinese muzzle attachments aren't as common as they once were save for the '74 style. Keng's sells the muzzle nut, RPK brake (a great unit for $8) and the slant brake.

I'm thinking a slant brake probably would have been the factory item. K-var has a pretty slick 7.62 flash hider from the Romanian AIM series. From what I've read, Tantal's side mount is easiest to install, or you could pick one up that needs riveted in. Since it's a permanant mod, I'm not sure what the rail would do concerning resale value.

Hopefully someone with some a nice Norinco collection, old Norinco literature or Tokoi book can clear up my foggy reply.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:51:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Need more info!

Markings, importer?
Polytech, (386), Norinco?
What type of pistol grip does it have, a 47 style or a swept?

What makes you think it's not preban?

The typical Kengs Polytech import red side fold aks-762 had a muzzle nut and could accept a AK-47 (Legend) style bayonet.  Lacked the AKM style bayonet lug and used a legend (47) style gas block. I don't believe a bayonet was shipped with these models.

My memory isn't what is use to be, so take it for what it's worth.

Some rifles have had the red side fold stock added, so watch for that.  

Dave

Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Oh, you can find a muzzle nut here:

www.polytechparts.com
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:31:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 6:15:05 PM EDT
[#5]
LooseCannon - guys - I know you don't have enough information and before I make a move I'll get the info and be back with you.

At least on this gun I have done business with the dealer before but dealers aren't always right and that's why I'll get the info and be back.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#6]

The red panel 47 bayonet sounds like Bulgarian ??  Chinese models I've seen have been wood.  Euro pattern 47 bayonets need opening up to fit over the larger Chinese gas block.  But otherwise fit.

Look out for signs of parts switching, and changes in markings.

$900 is a fair price, as these are less common than other Chinese models.  

For a scope rails check out:
tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/

Dave

Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:56:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The red panel 47 bayonet sounds like Bulgarian ??  Chinese models I've seen have been wood.  Euro pattern 47 bayonets need opening up to fit over the larger Chinese gas block.  But otherwise fit.

Look out for signs of parts switching, and changes in markings.

$900 is a fair price, as these are less common than other Chinese models.  

For a scope rails check out:
tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/

Dave

Got it and thanks Dave.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top