Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/13/2003 9:42:23 PM EDT
I just picked up my SAM-7 from the FFL today and my rear sight is leaning to the left. It looks as if the metal sight itself is crooked in the back, the post seems straight but when I look through it , it is for sure leaning to the left. Is it easy to get another site?  I don't want to send it in because I am not sure when I would see it back. Haven't even got to shoot it yet. Kinda disappointed since I spent the extra money to have a dialed in AK out of the box. Anyone else have this issue?  What can I do?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#1]
 Is it just the rear sight blade that is off or is it the rear sight block that the sight is attached to?  
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:55:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like the rear blade that has the small slit in it that you look through is the part that is leaning to the left. Everything else including the push pin risor bar is level. The main part that the site connects to looks fine. Seems odd these SAM-7's would be shipped with a noticable lop sided sight.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:02:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Ive never heard of anything like this. If I were you I would just send it back. Let them know that you are unhappy with there fine product Im sure thell make it worth your trouble.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:42:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top