Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:41:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn global warming!!
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#2]
will that fence contain dogs
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#3]
It was so humid that there was a light fog inside the building at work this morning.

We need the rain, but damn, this is getting old.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Could you send that rain our way.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:44:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I feel your pain Bob. At least the corn and beans are doing well (standard rural Ohio response).
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:24:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Damn global warming!!

El Ninio is responsible for this one.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:51:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Geez - I hope this clears up by Bulletfest.  I mean, I like water-cooled machineguns, but shooting a 1919 in the rain isn't exactly what I had in mind.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:49:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Could you send that rain our way.

Word.  That teaser last week didnt get it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:49:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
ok...i'm just about ready to build an ark!!

guess what the forecast is calling for tomorrow?

This has gotten beyond ridiculous! I finally get back to work and can't get a darn thing done. My best string trimmer/brushcutter bit the dust and my gun budget took a $325 hit. (Argh!, nothing like buying a new "toy" and not being able to play with it)

I'm blaming the rain for every crummy aspect of this season!

Bought a new chainsaw this year and felled a half dozen trees on my property but didn't get them cut up. I guess the good news is they're not an eyesore because I can't see 'em for the weeds!

Hopefully next week will bring a better weather pattern!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:49:59 AM EDT
[#10]
If it rains Bulletfest weekend, it will mean there will be plenty of shooters spaces open on the line! It's Loudon Weekend up here in NH.  350,000 bikers are being wet today.  It's 4:33 a.m. here and the rain is POURING. We've had a drought thing up here for three years.  That is about over I figure. Been the wettest spring I can remember.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:34:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:13:17 AM EDT
[#12]
I know your pain. I'm in the same boat here. I can't peel the roof back to attach my rafters until I KNOW that I'm going to have time to finish the job. I just need two days in the clear. Please, if someone knows how to turn off this faucet, please do it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:15:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Campy, I think I've tried 'em all. As far as the homeowner units go, I can't think of a single one worth buying. Funny thing is, sometimes you get lucky and get a good one.

The one that died was an Echo, it saw quite a bit of use for the better part of 5 years. That included simple trimming after mowing (which can be rather abusive), to actual hours[/] cutting thick weeds and saplings. A friend of mine's mowing crew ran over one of his last fall and he offered me the engine so it looks like I can probably salvage it.

I looked at Shindaiwa and Redmax commercial trimmers and ended up settling on a Stihl FS85X. I know a few guys who swear by all of the brands I mentioned but I've had really good luck with other Stihl tools so it got the nod. It has a 1.27bhp engine and from what little playing around I did I was impressed--it cut clean thru a Budweiser bottle with .095 line!(I was cutting some 2' and 3' weeds near the road in front of my property, glad I was wearing a face shield!) It's definitely as powerful a unit as I've ever used.

Went about it the smart way this time, used my dad's name and snagged the 2 year residential warranty instead of the 1 year commercial warranty--just in case!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:35:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:55:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
turning yourself into a human salad is fun...isn't it?

!! Funny you should mention the old McCullochs! I've still got one I bought in 1990, I was just out in the garage and checked--a model MAC 85SX (extra long curved shaft unit). It was the biggest one I could find  for a reasonable price back then and for years it was my "go to" trimmer for HD stuff. Quite the tool for a 21cc unit from Sears. A shame they gave up on most of their gasoline power tools, if I'm not mistaken they used the same engine on Echos back then.

Well, the rain here today seems to be limited to a light mist. Think I might go give the new toy it's first torture test and be the "human salad"!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 6:14:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Nice Ohio weather, good excuse to be lazy though.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:11:01 AM EDT
[#17]
It's been pretty wet here in Indiana as well. Probably due to the close proximity to Ohio.

My wife and I attended the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life yesterday evening, as she is a breast cancer survivor. Walkers and runners take turns on the outdoor track for 18 hours, starting at 6PM Friday until noon Saturday. A lot of those people camp out in the infield of the track. We walked our laps early and came home. I was awakened in the middle of the night by a horrendous thunderstorm and was glad that I wasn't in one of those tents. The weird thing is that the last 4 out of 5 Relay For Life events have been plagued by severe storms.

As for weed trimmers, I've been using a Stihl for the last 8 years (bought it in '95) and it still runs like a charm. I spend a little over an hour each time trimming around the house, trees, and three fencerows. I haven't even performed any maintenance on the poor thing. I did finally change the spark plug on it last year. Not because it was acting up or anything, I just happened to see the plug on the rack and bought it. Heck, I don't even drain the gas tank after a season. I dig it out of the garage every year and fire it up with whatever old gas is still in it. "Stihl" going strong...
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:32:21 AM EDT
[#18]
hey Bob; try to run a 571 pipehauler over this muck you call topsoil. I'm gonna have to pay the contractor to use mats accross the road from Ace hardware in Carrollton.
By the way, talked with the recycler on Highway 9 last night. He has added to the number of donations. Some are pretty rough. He is marking with black X or something.
Contractor and I will deliever to Snodes early next week. Looks like at least two truck loads, maybe more.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:13:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top