Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2003 9:19:46 PM EDT
can anyone advise me. i'm wanting to convert a maadi i bought in 1997 from the thumbhole to pistol grip version. does tapco offer a decent trigger group or should i go with rsa, and where can i find a good pistol grip stock kit. the trigger group, butt stock and grip are all i need, right? what cost am i looking at. thanks for the help.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:32:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Teh best stocks can be had at www.k-varcorp.com
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:14:41 AM EDT
[#2]
K-var does have the best assortment of synthetic pistol grip stock sets. (provided you prefer plum or OD green to black)

Global Trades has some really nice wood sets! (as well as black polymer)

The general opinion on fcg's is that RSA is the best out there. Options include the Gordon Tech and FSE, as well as Century take-offs from SAR series AK's. If you look into those you'll see variations in prices, pick which you think will be best for your long term needs.

If you are looking to find a short-cut on the fcg mods, an Ironwood Designs stock set in conjunction with US mag followers and floorplates is an option, as well as using a US gas piston depending on your stock set/ pistol grip.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:11:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top