Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/11/2003 9:49:15 PM EDT
Help, which way would you go and why?  Any first hand experiences?
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:15:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:41:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a lot of Soviet weapons and Soviet inspired weapons.  The Tiger that I may get has the following:  Rifle, original stock set that came on the rifle, the new generation Russian laminated stock set, the new Russian black stock set, a Russian bi-pod, the 4x and 2-8x scope, the 5 rd mag, 5 -10 rd mags, Russian mag pouch, the cleaning accessories with the extras, hard case, and the box of course--unfired.

The NDM has the stuff that is from CDNN and a 2-8X scope.

IF the Chinese rifle were the 7.62X54R there would be no question.  Right now I am stuck on the Chinese .308 mag, it just does not look right to me, not to mention the paint problems.

At least with the Tiger there is the look.  Yes, it lacks the front sight hood (someone is supposed to be making them), the brl is 20.5 instead of 24 (SVDS length), I can get a muzzle break for it, but I want it to look like real as possible, the Tiger does not have the adjustable gas system (supposed to be in the woorks too), and the receiver does not have the milled out areas on the side.  Now saying that, the mag looks correct and the the above could be added.  

I think I already know the answer, and it was my first impression--Tiger, at least Russian made and with all the stuff for about the same price as the Chinese.

Any other insight, advice, or related info is greatly apreciated.
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 9:20:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
the receiver does not have the milled out areas on the side.  

LUCY! jou got some splain' to do..... "does not have milled out areas on the side" what are you talking about?
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#4]
http://gungallery.euweb.cz/Pict/SVD%20Dragunov.jpg

If you look right above the mag you can see the milled area that I was referring to.  On the left side of the weapon the milled area is shorter because of the scope rail.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:02:02 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want the real thing, I know someone selling an unfired 1994 Russian KBI import full size Russian SVD with quite a few accesories (Two scopes, (I beleive one is a 1P29 serialized to the gun) 5 mags, plum bayo, Russian camo case, Russian bipod, original wood furniture and black plastic military currently installed, and there may be more...) I believe he was asking for around $6000
If you are interested email me and I can hook you up... haven't talked to him about it in a while but I am sure he still has it....
-C
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top