Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2003 1:54:14 PM EDT
Finaly got a chance to get to the range this morning.
basicaly the fit and finish are very good, riveting is very good.and the quality of the assembly was excellent.
was using Wolf 5.45. range was about 95 deg and rose to 100 deg. slight wind 5-10 mph, and a lil dusty.
after zeroing at 25 meters, moved target out to 100 to see what it could do.
i was shocked at how accurate this weapon shot.
i had groups around 1" up to 3" and some rounds in the 3 shot groups were almost touching. rounds were fired either on a bench, resting on a sandbag, or in the prone using a sandbag with stock open sights.
no misfeeds, no ejection problems, shot like a champ. the guy next to me was amazed to see what a quality AK could do.
id love to see what these weapons are capable of with some decent ammo.i took my camera along to take pics of the targets, but bought the wrong batteries. here are some pics i took after i got home.
i highly recommend Mike at Ohio Rapid Fire as an AK smith. he did an awsome quality job, and it was finished on time.
ohiorapidfire

Link Posted: 6/8/2003 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#1]
EX11B,  That is one sweet looking rifle, and  I am happy to see that it is a great shooting rifle.    Mike at ORF is a great guy to deal with.

I just received my 74 from ORF, but have not been able to fire it yet.  I just ordered my ammo for it, so hopefully I can take it out in the next couple of weeks.  Can't wait.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks guys! Glad you like them.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 4:26:13 PM EDT
[#3]
One of these days...

I'll have an ORF built rifle posted here! (time and money, always some sort of hiccup somewhere...)

Great looking AK! Sounds like it shoots great as well. The Bulgarian kits certainly make for a fine lookin' '74, and ORF's work has been the subject of glowing reviews on all of the boards I surf.

Congrats!
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#5]
The wood looks good too. Was the wood refinished?
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#6]
thats the wood that came with it, i got lucky.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I just went to their website and they only listed 7.62X39 rifles. Wassup with that?
I notice you and I seem to be in the same neighborhood. Who did you use for an FFL to bring it to the desert? If you'd rather not say, that's O.K. too.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#8]
i used Bear Arms as an FFL to have the receiver delivered.
right now im waiting on a Krinkov and i used this guy as a transfer [email protected] that is the email for Pharr Arms on 70 st and Thunderbird. you can check out FFL transfer dealers here gunbroker.com/user/DealerNetwork.asp
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:20:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Great looking, great shooting rifle.  I have not had the pleasure of buying an AK from ORF, but I did buy an ImbelFAL from Todd and I was impressed by the customer service, delivery, and aftermarket support I got.  

Did you buy the MolyKote over park?  Sorry my resolution wasn't good enough for me to tell.  All I can say is finish is better than other AK examples I've seen.

The FAL is my favorite rifle...unless maybe I buy an AK from ORF.  Todd, my 7.62 Wasr10 ready ready yet?

MR2
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#10]
thanx, the gun has Gunkote over park, Mike did a great job.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top