Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2003 11:13:58 AM EDT
Anyone own weapons built by AK USA? They look very nice. I emailed for the price on the rifle w/skeleton stock.

I've seen the AK's made by Arsenal & liked them.
I've only fired a MAK90 w/thumbhole stock.

I think I'm going to start saving for an AK next...

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:29:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I just received one of their AK103's and I am very impressed with the fit and finish and overall quality of the work that went into this Saiga conversion.  I had mine built with green furniture(K var NATO length)and it definitely stands out.  I will be shooting it this Saturday and will post a report as well as some pics.  I would recommend Chris' work highly and all throughout the build he was very responsive to any questions I had and I will do business with him again.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I just received an AK-104 conversion from AK-USA. This is the one with the 12.5 inch barrel and the original Bulgarian front sight block. Its a very smooth rifle, and finish is excellent with a small amount of smearing of the white lettering, but this can be dealt with later. There are ways to make it more perfect for the money you pay, but I'm happy with the rifle and would reccommend the builder to anyone. I have pictures of the rifle, but no way to post them, so if anyone wants I can email them.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#3]
the finish is awesome and he is very nice and will talk to you until all your questions are answered. I harassed him at his shop for about 2-3 weeks calling and talking for long periods of time asking questions. He was REALLY great about it never once did he get annoyed or anything. Always willing to help and answer questions.

My AK-103 from AK-USA is accurate!!!!!! It shoots so good I couldn't believe it. My friend who never shot before can hit a 3x3 steel plate at 300 yards standing with no sling no problem at all! It was unbelievable, 10 outta 10 with no trouble at all
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:22:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey chwi548 can you send me the pics?  I'm curious to see what it looks like.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:25:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Just received an email from Chris at AK-USA in reply to my inquiry re pricing on the AK-103K (carbine with skeleton stock).  The email said ".....our top end AK-103 is $825 delivered to your FFL."

Chris also said they were in the process of updating their web site to add some new models.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:54:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I have an AK103 and a AK74 Bulgarian build on a OOW reciever from Chris at AKUSA and both of them awesome. They shot just as accurate as my Bushmaster M4. I would recommend Chris to anyone.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:44:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info. I received an email from AK USA also w/the price info on the 103. Just may have to start saving all my nickels, dimes,& quarters so I  order one in a few months!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:48:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Ugh, IM me or send me your email to trs48@yahoo and I can ship you some pictures....
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Ugh, IM me or send me your email to trs48@yahoo and I can ship you some pictures....

chwi,
I too would appreciate some pictures.
[email protected]

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:27:28 AM EDT
[#10]
AK USA
http://www.ak-103.com/

Click on 'Gallery'.  Enough pics to make a grown man cry..

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 11:14:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
AK USA
http://www.ak-103.com/

Click on 'Gallery'.  Enough pics to make a grown man cry..

take care,
Tec

Tec, I've been visiting the gallery and admiring the AK-103K but our members pictures are generally a lot better.  Show a lot more detail and a better idea, for me, of how the finishes actually look.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's a couple pics from mh AK101 build.

take care,
Tec
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top