Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/5/2003 10:16:14 AM EDT
I was reading up on the link below. Is there any downsides to these buffers? Do they affect function at all? In theroy would they really prolong the life of a long lasting weapon and make its recoil & noise less noticable?

http://www.redstararms.com/index.htm?catalog.htm&1
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:08:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got one in my SAR-1, and it's a really comfortable shooter. It's pretty new, so I can't comment on life extension, but it does quiet things down noticeably, IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:47:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a buffer that I bought from Wilson Combat many years ago, gone through at least 1K between my MAK90 and my new '74, I can't say I have had a malfunction yet.

YMMV
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:13:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a buffertech one in my AK-103. It quiets things down a lot and i'm sure it softens up internals slamming. I haven't had any problems with short stroking but I can definately see how it could throw off the gun badly. It is pretty damn thick like 1/2".

I am probably going to get one of the Black Jack buffers, the softer ones. They are only 1/4" thick and will be a lot closer to how the action used to work
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#5]
They are also good to keep the lube from spattering thru the guide spring button hole in the dust cover.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:00:57 PM EDT
[#6]
YEAH CLP RIGHT INTO YOUR CORNEA
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top