Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/2/2003 5:56:04 AM EDT
Gentlemen how in the heck do you adjust windage on an AK, I've got a SAR 1 and two Polytech Legends neither shoot on for windage.  So before I beat on something and learn the hard way let me know the correct way.
               Thank you Pluckmaster.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:59:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Get yourself a good sight tool.  Use black electrical tape so you do not mar the metal.  The sight pin is a bear sometimes, but gets easier with time.

HTH
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:07:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#3]
If you want to try the cheap but less violent way, grab a c-clamp and a socket, press the post over to the desired direction, shoot and maybe try again as needed. You may already have those tools. Otherwise get the sight tool.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:12:17 PM EDT
[#4]
The front sight post is set in a round bar that is accessible from either side of the sight base. The front sight tool is exactly like a bicycle chain breaker in that it consists of a rigid 'U' frame with a screw on one side to push the sight adjusting bar in very exact increments. Move the front sight in the opposite direction you want the point of impact to go. Use some penetrating oil on it the night before if you can.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:16:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everyone, now I know.  Ordered a tool from Tapco.  No hammer for me this time.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top