Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/31/2003 6:29:35 PM EDT
I currently have the black K-var plastic on my AK, and somehow it just doesn't look right...the green I can't agree with either...so,is the plum color very diffent from black? A photo would be nice!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#1]
SS:
I have a K-VAR plum STOCK SET on my SAR-2.  It is VERY dark purple and in some photos looks black.  In person is is nice, not gay purple as I dreaded.  I don't know how to post a pic although I have a couple in my PC.  IM mail me and I will  email a pic or two to you.

I thought the black set made the rifles look too plain, and the green is okay, but I have an AR15 in  OD green furniture already.

I had to do some "fitting" to make my butt stock fit right, but it fits right now.  Oh yeah, it is the 1.25" longer size and fits me better than the original IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:07:53 PM EDT
[#2]
My Krebs AK74M pictures below has original Russian plum set on it. The k-var sets are close in color. It is a dark marron/black. Lighting during the taking of pictures can make them look all sorts of shades. The Plum was the color used for AK74 during the 80's. Currently the Russians use black furmiture for all their ak series.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got the K-var plum also, and on the same rifle Blazeone just displayed. I think it's quite nice, and it really isn't purple despite what some pictures show.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:17:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got the warsaw pact length kvar plum plastic on my wasr10. Fit just fine, no mod needed.
I put black kvar plastic on my maadi, and had to do some severe modding.
Due to manufactureing differences and shape of reciever(my maadi is beat to hell), your miles may very.

Blaze:  what country of origin sling is that?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:24:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Blaze:  what country of origin sling is that?

Russian, you can get them from AA-OK and eBay, etc.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:52:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 11:39:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Blaze -- I'm hoping to move to Texas in the not-too-distant future, and I've got a few questions for ya:

Is a Krebs AK really worth the $1k for an AK?  I'm assuming they're milled receivers, although I didn't really see it mentioned on their site.

Where did you get the original russian plumb stock (as opposed to the k-var)?  Are they still available?  Better yet, where did you find the matching plumb mag?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 11:51:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Blaze -- I'm hoping to move to Texas in the not-too-distant future, and I've got a few questions for ya:

Is a Krebs AK really worth the $1k for an AK?  I'm assuming they're milled receivers, although I didn't really see it mentioned on their site.

Where did you get the original russian plumb stock (as opposed to the k-var)?  Are they still available?  Better yet, where did you find the matching plumb mag?

Thanks in advance!

Not to jump in the middle of this conversation but there's a Kreb's gun for sale on subguns.com for $850.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:14:54 AM EDT
[#9]
The Krebs AK74 starts with ripping a Sagia AK 7.62 apart to use only the receiver. Then the receiver undergoes considerable modification. A new Bulgarian AK74 parts kit is then added. And finally Krebs takes much care in the polishing of the moving parts and overall assy.
Are they worth it? I believe so, it's the only game in town if you want a Russian receiver in the 5.45 cal.

The Russain plum stocks come up for sale every now and then. The pistol grip and hand guards can be from from Andyarts on eBay or Gunbroker. The Russian plum mags are also for sale now and then. Email me and I can hook you up.

The gun that is on subgun.com for sale is not an Kreb's AK74 it is a M3 which is based on the 7.62 round.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
AA-OK is out...I bought the last ones Tantal might be getting some more in soon though...drop him a line!

K-var has them too for anyone else interested.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 2:55:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I agree with Blaze.....Krebs 74's are where it's at >:].  Blaze has the original plum, I have the original wood.  He's also got a polish Tantal I'm dying for :D.

Link Posted: 6/7/2003 3:18:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I like my plum stock.  When ever someone sees it, they just stare and finally ask me why the hell I put a girls stock on my rifle.

Most recently it was from a friend who "knows everything there is to know about AKs"

It is a great conversation starter, and once you let someone look at it, they want one.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 6:11:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Here ya go:

Dumby says "why did you put the girly plum stock on your ak?"

Knowledgeable ak owner answers "because it matches the black and purple your eye is going to be".
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top