Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/31/2003 8:05:37 AM EDT
it says mak90 sporter and is new in box it has a lighter red colored stock real nice looking stock comes with 2 5 rds and a 40.

it also has a scope rail and a 4x scope, I want to buy it from a friend who is in some financial trouble don't want a deal just want to pay what its worth.

thanks for the help guys!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:07:35 AM EDT
[#1]
$350.
I am not aware of factory Mak-90's with a scope rail. Maybe someone else here know differently, however.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:09:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
$350.
I am not aware of factory Mak-90's with a scope rail. Maybe someone else here know differently, however.

thanks by the way I am pretty sure he put it on the gun and thats about the only thing he changed.

how do these guns compare to the SAR? the reason I am asking is it seems like the chinese guns are a little better built but I don't know much about ak's.

just appears as if they are a little tighter fitting?? maybe its me I haven't been around many AK's.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:12:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, Norinco rifles have a real reputation for quality and durability. Much better than an SAR-1 for not much more $$. Unless, that is, you have to swap furniture and FCG.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 2:09:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Just use logic and reason to determine the price.  The first question that you need to ask yourself is what is a bayonet worth.  After all, a pre-ban Norinco sells for upwards of $1100 dollars now. The difference between it and your model should be the price, right?

So what's a bayonet worth? Is it worth $400 dollars? Well no, that seems like a lot for a bayonet.  I mean a lot of rifles sold back before the ban without bayonet lugs.  So what about $300 dollars? Still seems high.  Ok, well let's try $200.  That seems high, but maybe....

Secondly, how much will it cost to restore the original pistol grip and furniture.  Well a RSA FCG will run about $70 bucks (shipped).  Then there is the new stockset, figure another $100.  So we are up to $170 to fix that problem.

Well that's your price. Subtract the value of the bayonet, and the cost of replacing the furniture from $1100 dollars and you get $730.  So a Mak-90 MUST be worth about $730.  Otherwise all those pre-ban prices would be ridiculous.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:34:46 PM EDT
[#6]
There was just a NIB Polytech for sale for $895. Not bad and they are occ available for less.

How much is a bayo worth? Hmmmm. Not sure.
Hell, buy a bayo lugged front sight post for a chicom and wait for the ban to die. Just 15 1/2 months now! Hehehe.

How much is it worth to piss off Feinstein, Schumer, Kennedy and the rest of the libs in this country? More than $400. At least to me
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top