Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/30/2003 12:55:15 PM EDT
I have a friend willing to sell his Norinco MAK-90 & I'd like to know if it's still ok to
replace the thumbhole stock with a new black synthetic stock w/pistol grip & other US made parts. Who sells a reasonably priced kit (in black) that fits the Norinco well?

thanks!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:26:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Kind of a pain in the ass to be honest but I did same to 2 of mine. The receiver steel on the chicoms is thicker by a small amount and they will require some fitting. PG goes on easily. Handguards will likely require a little fitting as well.
Get a dremel and go SLOW.
KVAR has the best stockset selection(get the US stockset screws for it also) and quality for what you are interested in.
You will also need to change out FCG to US manufacture parts to make legal. RSA makes the best by far but you may have to remove a little metal from your selector yoke for the disconnector.
You need a dremel! Makes a good winter weekend project, FWIW, but if you know what to expect(I didn't)it will go easier and hopefully a litlle faster.

If you go with the US FCG you could use a Bulgy buttstock which is 1 1/4" shorter than the US stock. Matter of personal preference.
If you have a foriegn muzzle device then you will need 6 US parts, instead of 5, interchanged.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 2:11:51 PM EDT
[#2]
This seems like a good place to post this question...

K-var has some of their stamped receiver stock sets listed as made to fit Hungarian stamped receivers. Now, silly me, I thought the Hungarian rec. wasn't any different than any other AKM...

Any chance these are easier to fit to a Chicom than the standard stamped rec. stock sets?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top