Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2003 10:49:30 PM EDT
Since there seems to be some intrest, here are some pics of the Russian AK MMG(dewatts). They have the barrel and bolt welded over. I am an American GI stationed in Germany and they are legal here.

The Russian AK-74 mags were purchased for 4 euros (about $4.50) each here in Germany. The ones that come with the MMGs are black, and have the feed lips cut.

Newest model, AKS-74:

Close ups (notice the trigger group configuration):

Markings-translates to "made in russia"

Older full stocked AK-74

Here is a shot of a the two Russian AK-74s, and the AMD-65 I bought here in Germany.

I also have a Yunkers air rifle set up in Soviet AKS-74 configuration

I have since put it in black plastic, as I use it at work as a training aid with my soldiers. Its at work in my walllocker so I cant take a new pic.  

Before someone goes off on a speal about how this are not importable, and its illegal to so much as bring back a spring from the Russian models (while the fondle their illegally imported Russian AK-74 mag collection, and sell them on ebay), I know.

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 11:21:13 PM EDT
[#1]
So, are AKM-type handguards actually sometimes used on AK-74s, or is that just a fluke? I'm curious because the AKM handguards are easier to come by.  Looks nice though.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 11:29:16 PM EDT
[#2]
The AKM handguards are just cheaper and easier to come by, even in Russia. These things are set up for show anyway-notice the polished chrome bolt carrier on the fullstocked 74.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:49:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Excuse me for my ignorance.  But what exaxtly is a barrel and bolt weld over?
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:20:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Pretty Sweet lookin rifle you got there
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:32:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Everywhere else in the world, the barrel and bolt are restricted. On these guns, the barrel and bolt are welded so as to be unusable.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:36:10 AM EDT
[#6]
You mean the part that actually shoots the bullet...novel idea, that.

How much does a DEWATT AK74 cost in US$ anyhoo?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:38:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I notice in the 2nd picture from the top, the 3rd hole for the auto-sear is not even drilled....

Also, in the pictures I see of newly made Russian AK models, I wonder why they have done away with the ribbed cover, and gone back to the smooth AK47 style....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top