Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/18/2003 6:32:06 PM EDT
I was wondering. There are all types of shooting sports. Do any of you use your AK's for any type of competion. If so what kind. I also, have an idea i'd like to express. Okay, if people are interested in mimicking real life situations, and reenacting historic events. Why not have an event which combines both. It would be like combining a jungle scenario shooting match and reenacting of somewhat recent wars. I think it would be cool. Also, would be great fun the famous AK.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:59:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I've done something like that.  Me and some friends set up a number of semi-concealed targets in some (remote) woods.  We then moved together from a designated starting point and proceeded to "engage" the enemy. It wasn't supposed to be any sort of goofy survivalist training, just a fun outing, and it proved to be very fun indeed.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:43:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:37:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I have used AK's in 3 Gun matches and also "Tactical Rifle" side matches at IDPA.

I usually do OK with them, especially in the side matches where the distance is the same as a handgun (under 40 yards) but I do better with one of me FAL's or my Springfield Armory M-1A.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:12:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I do WWII re-enacting, but the "Federation" of re-enactment societies also have Korea and Vietnam re-eancatments as well.

There was a Russian invasion of Afghanistan society starting up, but 911 put that out of business.If you are interested let me know, I can hook you up with any or all of the federation members.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top