Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/18/2003 3:14:51 PM EDT
I broke down and bought a AK made by CN ROMARM SA/CUGIR in Romania.
The weapon cost me $288.00+ tax at http://catalog.jgsales.com/
I picked it up as I live in AZ. and can drive up to Prescott.
I own several ARs and heavy barrel rifles.hasedAlso to have a rifle to chunk in the truck and not worry if I scratched or bumped it.

First time at the range with 18 inch steel plate at 150 yards.
This piece of communist crap will shoot.hock.gif
Offhand only, I hit 80% of rounds.
From bench 100%.
And with steel ammo.
Handed it to my 18 year old daughter  her)and she hits what she is aiming at and loves the thing.
I did not expect to get the groups I get with an AR15, and did not.

The wood is nice enough that I am careful not to scratch or bump it.
The QC is after a close inspection great.

Now I have another problem.
Where can I get a cheap crappy rifle to "chunk in the truck and not worry about scratching or bumping it"?
The AK I got is to say the least accuarate, durable, Nice to look at and reasonably priced.

Some of you may think I paid too much for A Romanian AK.
But I am satisfied and happy.Happy

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 3:35:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Yugo SKS. same cheap ammo as the AK.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:29:55 PM EDT
[#2]
The price you paid sounds about right to me.

An SKS would make a nice beater, that or a surplus bolt gun would work great as well.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Well done!
Now get a SAR2 in 5.45 to cut your groups roughly in half.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:53:45 PM EDT
[#4]
 You bought well.
 She won't won't mind riding around in your truck, she wants to be with you. She won't mind getting bumped and scratched, she likes to be handled.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:21:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I would only suggest another of the same rifle for a beater. Perhaps you can request that they hand select the worst looking one they have Tell them if it's too pretty, to just drag it on the floor before they box it up for you
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:34:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:02:44 AM EDT
[#7]
You see, you just found out what the AR snobs on the other side refuse to let themselves understand.  In their quest for ultimate sub MOA race guns, they have forgotten that sometimes less is more. The commies know this and in fact within what have become normal combat ranges there is not much practical accuracy difference in either rifle as you have now found out.  Enjoy the dark side.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:31:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The commies know this and in fact within what have become normal combat ranges there is not much practical accuracy difference in either rifle as you have now found out.  Enjoy the dark side.

Yep !!
I had access to the Marines Iraq after-action-report about a week before it was posted in the GDF and was stuck in an airport for fifteen hours to read it.  I was surprised that in the flat lands of Iraq most shots were still within 100 meters.
I'm much more concerned with the continuing reduction in barrel length (and the corresponding reduction in velocity) throughout the military, LEO and civilian AR community than I am about our weapon accuracy.  Now the military with 1:7 twist barrels can somewhat exacerbate the situation by moving to the 77grn bullet but that ammunition is still in short, short supply.

As we all know, this AR of ours came from the Army's 1950's SCHV program and when you remove the "HV" from SCHV you've just got a .22 left.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top