Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2003 10:38:37 PM EDT
hey guys,

I'm gonna get a sling for my Izmash AK-103 clone. I am going to purchase a CQB solutions SOP sling. I am getting in with the transition buckle but i'm not sure about the ERB (emergency release button), does anyone own a CQB sling with the release clip? It lets you quick detach the rifle from you if you get hung up on something or someone tries to pull you with your sling.

anyways that was just a secondary point. main point is definately a cosmetic one. I can't decide what color sling would look best so im looking for some AK fan input. my AK 103 is the AK-USA powercoat for the finish and it has the Russian plum colored furniture. I might buy   a set of black furniture for it to switch back in forth when i'm in the mood to but maybe not, the plum is just sweet.
    The slings come in three colors: black, OD green, and desert tan.  I am personally leaning towards the OD green because it will match my Israeli EFHOD A-10 vest and I think it will look cool but i guess the black would be ok too. the tan is kinda outta the picture since it would probably look best on a black rifle.  

i know its a stupid question but it can't hurt to ask your guys opinion.

thanks
Slov
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:58:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a black CQB sling on my Kreb's AK103K conversion.  It completes the evil black look

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:07:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:17:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Why not just get the issue Russian web sling? Its a lot more versitle than the CQB types and is long enough to be used as one. I think they are also made of tougher webbing, at least from what I see on the CQB slings I have on my AR's. The CQB slings pretty much limit you to that type of carry and can be cumbersome and over comlicated.
AA-OK has the Russian slings, they come in black($15) or tan($12).
www.aa-ok.com/AK_Accessories/AK_Accessories.htm
about halfway down the page

If you want a way to quiet that front attachment point, try this:

4" piece of bicycle inner tube (700c x 20-23)
stops all rattle and banging.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:48:10 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks guys...

AK103k, do you have a krebs AK103k?

also the CQB solutions slip the SOP sling has a lot of carry options. Maybe you are thinking of the one that really is restrictive to ready-mode all the time or just hangs. I like the way the russian slings looks with the gun and its tan I guess that wouldn't look that bad with plum furniture. I definately think tan looks better with black, black looks best with black, and OD even goes good with black.

but here are the carry options for the SOP sling: www.cqbsolutions.com/carryoptions.htm

6 different ways to carry with this sling

edit: to make hotlink active
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 12:39:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup, I have a Krebs AK103K. I also have a couple of the CQB Solutions SOP slings on my AR's. They are ok, but like I said, for me they tend to be cumbersome and complicated. The issue type Russian sling will do all but the "back pack" carry shown in the link. You can also use it as a shooting sling. I have a black Russian sling on my 103K. It came with a tan one, and that looked good too. I have black and tan on other wood stocked AKs and they both look good, I guess its just a mater of what you like.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:15:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Regardless of function, you do want your AK to look good or you wouldn't have gone with the plumb furniture.  

The black sling isn't the way to go.  Black, IMO, is too much overdone in today's tactical fashion scene.  You can't really go wrong with OD since your LBE is OD.  Personally, I'd recommend the tan though.  

Tan, while contrasting to OD doesn't clash with OD.  In fact, the tan sling will draw the eye along it to the plum-stocked AK.  An OD sling will get lost amongst the straps of your LBE and while it will blend fine, it won't give the same effect that the contrasting tan will.  

Also with your AK by itself the tan will look quite well with the plumb, and while it's leaning against a wall (or BMP-2) it will look just as good.  The OD sling will just make it look like a rehab SAR with the Romy sling on it.  Ask yourself, do you want your AK to look like a rehab Romy SAR?

You should go with a tan sling if you really want to look sharp.

Ross
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top