Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2003 9:11:25 PM EDT
I would like to find a stock set that is light blonde with the lightning cut. Right now the one from Global looks the best. Is Ironwood still good. What wood looks the best with the light blonde color? The set from Global is darker than I want. I saw RPB has a blonde set from Poly Legends. I wish they had up a pic. CB
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#1]
That set from global looks pretty nice to me.  I am torn between that set or getting an extended  folder type stock.  I am 6'7" so i am leaning towards the extended stock.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:11:07 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=8759072
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:26:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=8759072

www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=8759072
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:36:11 AM EDT
[#4]
The set on Gunbroker looks exactly like the set I just got from Global, except my set did not come with the grip screw and nut, which I didn't need anyway. It looks a lot better than the picture on the Global site and is a medium blonde in color. The only blonde wood that looks lighter is the original set from a Hungarian SA85M, but it's very close. The Hungarian wood is Elm, and the Global set is Beechwood, made in Bulgaria (according to Global). I'm very satisfied with mine, although I haven't tried to fit it yet. I would expect some fitting with any piece of wood to be attached to a gun.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:20:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Hi .I think if your going after a true Cali bleach blonde look and add to your USA parts to change your config, Ironwood stocks are great. I bought a Blonde set ( Maple ) .I got it with the lighten cut and tool hole installed.It really gives the Dark park AK a different look and stands out. She sure is pretty. Just a different approach to get your look you want. Best of luck to ya, WarDawg
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top