Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/15/2003 4:45:34 AM EDT
Has anybody seen these SLR101's that are converted from single stacks to accept Hi-cap/standard AK mags?  How is the quality of the conversion?  Is it some cobbled-up job like done on the WASR single stacks?  I like the fact that they come with the side rail attacked and are about $150 cheaper than the SAM7S.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:53:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:48:16 PM EDT
[#2]
They look fine.  We've gotten some in the shop, both the black and the green stocked rifles.  You really wouldn't know they were once single stack and thumbhole stocked rifles unless I told you.

The only "beef" I can find is that sometimes some of them are tight with a steel magazine.  Put the mag in a few times with some ass behind it and it usually clears it up.

They are less than the SA-M7 for a reason.  The M7 is a better rifle, but if I were on a budget and wanted "more gun" than a SAR-1, I'd look seriously at the SLR-101S.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top