User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2003 4:23:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#1]
The Mighty Wind.

Yes, your .22 knuckleball went about 15ft to the right. But the dominant gusts sent 8mm, .303, Swede Mauser, and 54r all about a foot to the right at 200yds. I thought that "reading the wind" was for 600yd knitpickers at Camp Perry. I know better now.

I was drilling the 10 for sighting in last Tues with my M39. I saw 6/10 in an area the size of my palm, all about the 7 to the right of the bull, and a guy on your end scored a 97 on that same relay!
Shot a 224 with a 3moa SAR2 in the snow 3 months ago. Shot a 216 with a 2moa M39 today. Evil wind kept gusting and shifting from calm to violent, from tail wind to cross wind.....
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#2]
St. Louis sucks. I wish there were places around here that did that kind of cool stuff. All the old NRA farts would have a s#$t fit over using "military" rifles. I need to move to Ohio dammit.

Campy, where as Obe916 to show you how to use that damn Mauser?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Military rifles only, on Mother's Day, and many schools/hospitals around Cleveland, so what's stopping you?
PS-Ammunitionstore.com is local
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:35:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Military rifles only, on Mother's Day, and many schools/hospitals around Cleveland, so what's stopping you?
PS-Ammunitionstore.com is local

The Cleveland Clinic would be a nice place to go for residency. Right now I'm stuck in med school, I can't go anywhere for awhile yet. Hell, in residency I won't be able to get out at all. Give me 12 years at least dammit!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:08:55 PM EDT
[#5]
As windy as it was today, I can't imagine anyone shooting well offhand. At least you got out on the range today. On the news, they showed linesmen up in bucket trucks getting power restored. They were working on some pretty tall poles, 30-40ft?.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:30:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:46:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Campy, just to be nosey, what ammo were you using?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top