Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/9/2003 8:51:55 PM EDT
That Metallica video was awesome sir

I wish I wasn't half-deaf and half-blind. I'd be able to drive one of those F-15Es dammit.

Edited to add: Did you put encryption on this CD or something? I saw like the first minute of some of the videos, and now it stops reading the CD. I noticed the bottom of the CD was pretty funky looking (spots everywhere), but it could be the way the CD was made via the burner. Do I need software or something to fix this?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:41:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Mao,

No encryption on the CD....I got an IM from Serge and he said his was messed up....a big flake of the CD was gone.  I guess they beat the mail up pretty bad on the way back to the states.

That video was comprised of some of our greatest hits during the war.  We put a serious asskicking on them!!!!

Work with Campy and see if you can get the video uploaded somewhere to share with everyone.

KF
"Deployed"
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Alright, with the miracle of Lens Cleaner and a soft napkin, I think I managed to salvage everything including all of the videos. That was by far the most bizarre CD I've ever encountered. KF, what kind of s#@t do they give you guys?

Anyway, on the movie_wsv file, it appears as if CampyBob's S-10 pick-up truck took some heavy damage, along with some of the highways and bridges around St. Louis, MO.

Campy, tell me how to send these files to you. IM me if you have a FTP site or something.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#4]
By the way KF, what gun camera video was shown at the end of the movie_wsv file? Is that an A-10 Warthog on a strafing run?

All I know is that this CD you sent shows enough fire power to make Francis Fukuyama have an orgasm.

Thanks KF!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#5]
You're lucky your CD was only messed up on the bottom. Mine was all scratched up and dirty on the bottom and had a good chunk of the top metal layer missing (that's where the data is stored). Not readable what's so ever. :(
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#6]
That sucks dude. I think the reading problems were caused by this single long scratch across the bottom of the CD where the data read. The plate itself was fine, but whenever you have scratches, it's very hard for the laser to refract properly through the plastic plate onto the platter itself.

KF! Tell Tommy Franks that I demand that you receive better quality CD-Rs ASAP, along with cases for them.

Serge, I can send you these files. Darn it, I wish I had FTP of some sort. We'll work something out. I'm waiting for Campy to get back to me.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Did they use some of the early Metallica tunes from their first album,(KILL EM ALL)?

It would be very fitting!

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I feel like I missed somthing.

Sounds really cool though! Anyone want to share the details?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:04:04 AM EDT
[#9]
That gun camera footage was from F-16s and F-15s....A-10s were deployed at bases closer to the front.

How did you like the F-15 going straight up at night time, to the lyrics of "off to never never land...."

We had a front row seat for the entire air war.....you should have seen the fighters take off after we found out that enemy forces had executed and mutilated our soldiers at An  Nasiriyah....it was major payback time.

KF
"Deployed"
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:27:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Themao, how's the FTP stuff going?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:42:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Check your IM Serge. I tried to upload but I couldn't connect to your server.

We'll get these pics/videos up at some point folks. Campy still hasn't gotten back to me yet either. He probably has a FTP server too via his Bulletfest web site.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Say your prayers little one
Don't forget, my son
To include everyone

Tuck you in, warm within
Keep you free from sin
Till the sandman he comes

Sleep with one eye open
Gripping your pillow tight

Exit light
Enter night
Take my hand
Off to never never land.....

Ya gotta see the video.......

KF
"Deployed"
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:01:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#14]
In for a host, i wanna see this!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:04:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
In for a host, i wanna see this!

Ditto!!!

I wanna see this also...I'd be willing to try and host it on imagestation if sent to me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#17]
OK, I guess I should clarify a couple of things. I don't have a server set up, and I can't set one up because of the restrictions on the firewall I'm on.

However, if ANYONE has a FTP site that I can send 200 MB+ of videos to for hosting via Kazaa or whatever means necessary, I will do that. The total size of the CD was 500 MB (pics + videos). I don't know who has the sort of bandwidth.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top