User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/6/2003 6:36:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I love those things. When the cannon fires it's like the unzipping of the fly of the almighty himself. Me and my platoon got showered with brass from one once in basic. Damn scary, without a kevlar a troop could get himself brained.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Tough plane, tough lady.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:33:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Simply amazing.  Built in the USA!

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Capt. Kim "Killer Chick" Campbell is the Hog pilot, also flew in Afghanistan.  Here's a link to an article from the San Jose (CA) Mercury News:

www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/news/special_packages/iraq/5592254.htm

Outstanding!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#6]
One of the burning questions I have from the Iraq war is whether or not the A-10 or helicopters can survive on the modern battlefield ??  By "modern battlefield" I mean one supplied with the latest Russian or Chinese shoulder and SAM missiles.  The Air Force's position has seems to be that they cannot.  I've long held to the Army's belief that the helicopter can but now.........  .

But still I remain a Wart Hog fan !!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top