[:\] IBTL
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:01:34 PM EDT
[#2]

IBTL.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:34:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:34:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Gotta tell you Valmet...  RotDorn has no love for Gary, and he is very even-handed and level-headed.  If he is asking you to tone things down it is with a good reason.  I don't believe anybody locked the threads - haven't checked.  I think the point has been adequately made and people have been fairly warned about SAI.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:37:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Calling a man a fraud and a liar is a personal attack.

Showing where a man has committed fraud and told lies, are not personal attacks, but facts and evidence.

There is a difference. Have fun wherever you end up.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:59:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think it sounded like RotDorn was attempting to cover for Gary at all.  As a matter of fact, I appreciate us victims being able to post here and read of others' dealings with SAI.  I hope you don't stop posting here, because I, for one, have appreciated your insight in this matter.

If it wasn't for this board, I never would have known I could file with the KAG.  Please don't stop the SAI postings.  

What does IBTL mean?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#7]
As a new "regular" here, I see no resmeblance in comparing RotDorn's request to "the other board". I'll be kind and gentle ( as if ya were a virgin), but enough is enough. There is absolutely no need for 2-5 "new" threads regarding GG/SAI every-F*CKING-day.

Your  personal dilemma is more than fairly documented here.(along with the same exact problems being addressed by others who got taken in the scam) Try a search, better yet, just check the recent pages for this discussion group. It's an approximate 65% GG/SAI vs. actual "AK talk". Enough is enough. I'm sorry for your losses/potential losses and...

I do know how you feel whether you believe me or not. After the past couple of weeks worth of GG/SAI posts I could give a flying ...

But I do.

Let's face it,this is by far the most supportive/sympathetic board going...

That's why I've been here.

Looks like it's time to go back to "hell" if whining is going to be the rule rather than the exception............

I'm used to that over there...
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:38:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Mike, Rotdorn was just trying to stop you from beating on a damn dead horse. We're getting sick and tired of listening about it. It gets old after awhile. The guys who got screwed over by GG-SAI now need to come together privately and get their damn property back. Sitting here ranting about it on 20 topics isn't going to do much, and it may scare folks interested in AKs away. It's just a matter of beating a dead horse on an internet forum, not covering up information.

That said, what topic was erased by this staff you so claim? I don't remember them doing that, but of course, I don't live on this board either.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 11:27:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Mike,

I think the point has been made about SAI.  As I can appreciate news on the demise of SAI, I also respect others point of view of "whipping a dead horse."

Please don't compare this board to AK-47 Nutz.  It's like night and day.  If you don't want to be a part of this board, that's okay....but your "exit" comments are definitely unwarranted.

The staff on this board do a superb job, but remember they have to apply moderation evenly....I was actually cautioned as to how much I "openly" praised two other gunsmiths on this board....okay fine.

Bottomline:  Help your friends acquire AKs as inexpensively as possible....steer those who don't know in the right direction....

And remember....."you can never have enough AKs...."

Take care,

KF
"Deployed"

Link Posted: 5/5/2003 11:30:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:37:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

hey lumpy...have a and lets sit back and watch what happens!  
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:38:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:18:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:58:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:10:45 AM EDT
[#15]
i'm new here still, i don't know much but i paid a visit to the other site and i must say
this site is night and day compared to the other.
john
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:36:51 AM EDT
[#16]
If you find yourself standing in a pile of shit, do not jump up and down to punish it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:07:51 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
If you find yourself standing in a pile of shit, do not jump up and down to punish it.

I like that.....gonna write it down for future use!

KF
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:53:52 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

here's my take: sai is the biggest story to come down the ak pike since mike prewitt hacked a few guns.  

It was my misfortune to have dealt with Prewitt. I thought I would never again send out any rifles to have work done as this experience was almost as bad as what those here are going through with SAI. Krebs however has thankfully restored my faith.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:18:55 AM EDT
[#19]
I joined this board last November.  My first post was a warning about SAI, including contact info for the Kansas Attorney General's Office - Consumer Protection Division.  I was immediately banned for "posting a bunch of lies about Gary".  The idea that I was posting false info came from a certain mod at another gun board.

After seeing that AR15.com was recently allowing open discussion of SAI misdeeds, I emailed the admins here and explained that the "lies" I had been banned for posting had turned out to be the truth, and requested reinstatement.  The admins & mods reviewed my request and reinstated me a couple days ago, agreeing that SAI had raked me over the coals.

From what I see here, perhaps when VM_76's post was deleted, the reason may not have been clearly explained to him at that time (this is only my speculation).  If that's true, then I hope VM_76 will give it another chance.  On FALfiles, he had the great integrity to publicly admit error in defending SAI against us 'whiners' in the past.  I don't see such an admission often on net boards.  It would be a shame for AR15.com to lose him.

I also hope the mods will try to exhibit extra patience with SAI's victims.  While there may well be excessive bitching going on, finding that so many fellow gunowners have been victimized after personally getting the precision shaft from our favorite 'master gunsmith' is good reason for strong emotions.

Here's my saga, which is so similar to the other SAI stories:

www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56607

www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59701
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:57:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Am I missing something or did a whole bunch of SAI posts from last night get deleted?  I can't find any of the threads that SolsticeSweetie posted on last night?!

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:10:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Have they been "removed"?

This is like the worst TWILIGHT ZONE episode multiplied by 50 Kag filers, seasoned with 200 missing guns, covered up by numerous websites and heated over 10,000 lies.

Disappointed that the threads are "removed"
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:33:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:41:48 AM EDT
[#23]
To quote BenDover...

"Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!"

Pick up your toys and go home if you think you're getting a raw deal.   You have that right.

CJ
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:00:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:10:59 AM EDT
[#25]
I disagree with throwing that stuff to trash. Pull your senior staff powers outa your pocket and create a SAI forum folder and put all of that stuff there. Take the tacked thread out of here and keep all of the SAI stuff in the forum in which it belongs.

I want the folks who came here for the ability to speak freely about this to have a place to do it. If any GG-SAI posts get started in GD then we can move them to the right forum.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:50:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:54:39 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
It's not as simple as moving the threads. There are posts in each of those threads with attacks and insults which do not belong. The threads need to stay as they are in order to maintain a history of all of what has happened to protect everyone. I will not DELETE anything.

With that note, I encourage everyone to share their stories in a single thread and discussion which can be kept in check by those who wish to share information. It's in everyone's best interests to share the truth and not screw up a discussion by blasting profanity and personal information. That wont get you anywhere.

I also posted (last night) that a second post would be allowed for the tracking of parts. I would appreciate keeping all discussions in the discussion thread and just parts information in the parts thread.

Sorry if this seems harsh to you, but I will not allow any personal information on ANYONE to be posted. I also can't stand by and allow people to insult someone simply because they are upset. Make your case and people will form their own opinions.

Actually seems a reasonable plan to me.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top