Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/4/2003 6:35:38 PM EDT
I am trying to find a '74 style muzzle brake for a norinco nhm-90 in .223. I think it has 14.1 left hand threads.
Thanks Copper Splicer
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 3:38:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one on my MAK-90 .223.  I can't recall the difference between a MAK-90 and a NHM-90, but the threads are probably the same.

Now the bad news.  I don't know who sells them.  I bought it at a gunshow.  It's obviously US made, and probably for a 7.62.  Try some of the ads in Shotgun News, like Global trades for a .223.

I'm not 100% convinced it works great, or it's just the extra weight up front, but it does make a big difference in recoil.  Don't give up.  It's worth getting one.

Ross
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:19:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:30:50 AM EDT
[#3]
If parts count isn't an issue, you can get a Chinese '74 brake from www.polytechparts.com . www.dynasystems-ltd.com also has a US made version. They can make a .223 version for a few extra bucks.

Or you could always go with a thread adapter from Krebs or AK103.com and use a "real" 24mm thread AK74 brake.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:34:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help.
Copper Splicer
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top