However....... I bought the sam 7 after
turning down another rifle at a different
dealer.

This "other" rifle was in a box marked slr101,
with a picture of a thumbhole stocked rifle
on it - the factory manual showed pictures
of a thumbhole rifle , yet the rifle in
question had a US stock and pistol grip,MUZZLE
BRAKE ,and the receiver was marked MADE IN BULGARIA !
It appeared to accept hicap mags.

Is this a legal variant I was unaware of? ,
or was the dealer pulling a fast one?

Link Posted: 5/3/2003 4:57:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:37:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree with Campy, you did fine. SA M7s are the highest quality AKs around IMHO and they are NEW, not surplus parts put together.

I just ordered one from FAC....the lady on the phone says 4 to 6 weeks. ARGGHH!!!

Post pics of yours :-)

Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:54:41 AM EDT
[#3]
In trying to further my "AK education, I've been out checking various gunboards and see that there appears to be an SA-M7 and an SA-M7S.

If true what is the difference between the SA-M7 and the SA-M7S ??
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:15:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:23:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
the "s" model incorporates the standard com-bloc optic mounting rail into its' build specifications.

arsenal kazanlak usa was also building a "c" model...more of a traditional, wooden furniture version referred to as the sa-m7 "classic".

all of the kazanlak rifles are worthy of owning as shooters and collectors. their only drawback is the extra weight of their fine milled receiver.

Printed and filed and thanks !
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:30:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Those SLR-101's re actually being converted to high caps by Arsenal Inc. in Vegas.  We've gotten some in and they look OK.

The SA-M7 and M7S are higher quality rifles though, but not by much.  I definitely like the aesthetics of the cleaning rod set up on the SA-M7 better than not having one on the SLR.  AK's without a cleaning rod under the barrel just look goofy.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top