Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/27/2003 5:22:12 PM EDT
anyone know anything about these??E. German AK kits?
northridgeinc.com/sp_kit.htm
it doesnt specify if its a -47, or a -74.
maybe after i get my 74 built ill get one of these E. German kits.
they also have some E. German acc. kits and stuff.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 6:12:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I sent them a email asking about the calibre, model, condition, etc. I also asked for a picture, no reply yet.

I'd really like to have a actual complete E. German AK kit.

I see all these so-called E. German kits on ebay, gunbroker, etc, that are actually Romanian kits with E. German stocks. ( the Romanian arsenal stamp on the barrel trunions is a dead giveaway )

Link Posted: 5/1/2003 9:20:16 AM EDT
[#2]
These were 47 kits.  As of 4/30 they were out of stamped (AKM) kits but reported had a few Russian milled kits left.

Did anyone actually receive a DDR AKM kit ?
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 9:28:04 AM EDT
[#3]
email I recieved from Northridge International:

Sold out of East German AK kits.  At this time we only have Russian AK-47 (milled type 3 receiver) kits available for 149.95 and a few early Russian AK-47 kits with the type 2 receiver, early fluted gas piston and large gas cylinder block for $249.95.  They are in good condition with most parts having matching numbers.  These are not supplied with any accessories and price quoted do not include shipping.

Thank you for your inquiry.
Northridge International

They didnt answer my question on what calibre / model of E. German AK kits they had....

Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:09:24 AM EDT
[#4]
The East german AK's are some of the finest AK's made from what I have seen very good shooters and very good quality control on both 7.62x39 and 5.45x39s. The only fault I have found (And for me it does not matter in the least) is all of the have what appears to be a baked enamel finish.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:27:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Another email reply I recieved from Northridge after asking for more details, etc:

"They were East German AK-47 kits in 7.62x39.  Don't know at this time if we'll be getting anymore"

While I probably have all the parts to build a East German AKM ( except for a complete barrel and reciever ) I'd sure like to have a complete DDR kit.

Seeing all the cut-up barrels, etc at AA-OK and other sites makes one wonder if all the East German 7.62x39mm AK's were destroyed like this after reunification.

I see East German AK-74 Folders offered to police departments and as Class 3 demos, and wonder why kits aren't available.

I guess I could always get a Polish or another compatible Eastern bloc style barrel and have a semi 7.62x39mm AKM built on a U.S. reciever using the East German Parts I have already. The cost for installing the DDR gas block, sight bases, headspacing, etc would probably be high though... oh well my quest continues.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:47:36 AM EDT
[#6]
In Germany the barrel and bolt are the restricted parts. Thats probably why most were destroyed; Its a pain to even find them in Germany. You can find all the other parts, sometimes even the receiver (its free sale here) but the barrel and bolt are rare. If you wanted to build a DDR AKM clone, a new barrel with a DDR trunnion might work.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:01:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Finnland purchased a large quantity of East German AKMs,I'm not sure how many other Countries are still working on small Arms deals with the Germans.My guess is the German's will sell as many intact AKs on the World market before parting out new rifles.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top