Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/22/2003 7:45:28 PM EDT
I've got my Bulgie 74 kit in the mail and trying to pick a builder. I'm interested in these guys because they're local, here in Dallas area.

http://www.independencearms.com/

If I'm going to get a noticeably better AK from one of the other places (ArsenalInc, AK-103, Ohio Rapidfire, etc.), I don't mind sending it out, but convenience/service would make things a lot simpler.

MFer
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 7:00:51 AM EDT
[#1]
If the price is comparable, then I would give the local folks the benifit of doubt.  That is just me cause I hate sending stuff off.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 9:02:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Independence (Indy) Arms is a Dallas based licensed manufacturer of firearms.
Our clientele is largely national, as kit buyers are located thoughout the US, with DFW making a smaller but growing customer base, as those in DFW discover the quality of custom built firearms.

Indy Arms is well known on forums such as ak-47.net and others.

Please contact Indy Arms for any ?s you have.

Randy
[email protected]
http://www.independencearms.com/
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 9:24:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 3:27:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered an AK-74 from Randy, hopefully I will have the rifle in my hands by next weekend, I will take pictures and post a report about this rifle from the NY-Long Island gang. We have members that have AK-74 from other builders so we will be able to make comparisons.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to the dark side Frank and I have an AK103 from AK-USA on the way and will post a report on that when it's here.  Obtw the AK74 from Troy at INrange is one sweet shooter.  Absolutely no recoil and hitting plates at 200 yards with open sights or the Kobra is almost too easy!  Great build, great gun.  Guys get you Krink kits and get ready for Troys next batch.  He da man!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I eagerly await a review of an  Independence Arms build (or a personal inspection of Ropes4u's, if he will let me). As I have a couple of parts kits sitting around, I would like to have one built in TX (No offense Troy).
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Randy and I are working out the details for how I want to build my Bulgy kit, so hopefully we'll get it going soon.
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 5:07:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Tim, Ray. Thanks for the welcome to "The Dark Side"
I am sure you guys are already sharpening your pencils and ready to do a comparison report on the rifles, I can't wait, I feel very confident that my rifle, build by Randy at Independence Arms, will stand to the test you guys are going to put it through.
Let me just tell you, that the fact my rifle was put together in Texas, a state that our Commander in Chief, the one with "Cojones of Steel" is from, that alone gives me the edge. So there, let the games begin.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 4:02:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I spoke to Randy yesterday and I should be getting my AK-74 next week, I can't wait to take her to the range and post pictures. I also ordered a Kobra EKP-8-02 from Tantal, got my ammo from ammoman, I think I am ready.

Where can I get some mags? RPBUSA site is down or they are history.  I need a few more..
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 8:52:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Randy built my Krinkov, probably one of the first that he built, and he fit and finish is prefect.

I have had NO problems with his conversions on my Krinkov.

I am STILL very happy with my build!!!!!

BISHOP
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#12]
It's good to hear about happy customers. I'm trying to get my parts over to Randy this week.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I have my part kit being built.  Check out his site on the AK74 Build.  He has updated to show how it should be done.  He is very careful in the whole process and it shows in his workmanship!  Great Details .. Great Job! Very professional.

www.independencearms.com

click on .....ak74 build how-to link to see it.

Look at this AK74 build! Look at those rivits..

Look at it from another angle ..

I am glad I got in touch with a great builder!.  

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

...RPBUSA site is down or they are history.  I need a few more...

Here's the new URL:

www.rpbusa.net/
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#15]
njogi
Thanks for the link.

My mouth is watering as we speak, Randy just sent me pictures of my rifle and I feel like a kid waiting to be taken to Disney Land. Damn, for the next 5 days, or until the rifle gets here are going to be torture.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:17:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I have my part kit being built.  Check out his site on the AK74 Build.  He has updated to show how it should be done.  He is very careful in the whole process and it shows in his workmanship!  Great Details .. Great Job! Very professional.

www.independencearms.com

click on .....ak74 build how-to link to see it.

Look at this AK74 build! Look at those rivits..
www.hunting-pictures.com/members/njogi/Indyak741.jpg

Look at it from another angle ..
www.hunting-pictures.com/members/njogi/Indyak742.jpg

I am glad I got in touch with a great builder!.  

DUDE, THAT ONE IS MY BABY!!!!  
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:06:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Bear3351;

Yup!  That is your Baby!  I was shown the workmanship via pics of yours .. I was waiting to see how long it took you to realise it :)

Looks great ! and Sweet ! I have to drool for a while ... but I will have to wait.  

Happy Blast'n as she arrives.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#18]
YES!!! It's in, I finally got it after waiting only 2 weeks from:
http://www.independencearms.com/  Randy at Independence Arms is D man!!
I just came back from picking up my AK-74 and I took some pictures, the rifle looks great! Can't wait for Sunday to take her to the range.

It sure looks a lot better in person!!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top