Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/9/2003 9:29:02 AM EDT
I've mentioned this before, but the time to build is getting closer and closer...          This is a toughie for me so I'm hoping maybe posting here can smooth out some of the questions I have. Awhile back, I stumbled into a Norinco 84s parts kit that had been a NIB rifle used to as a doner for a krink build. since then I've aquired an RSA fcg, US gas piston, and a US '74 brake and adapter are on the way. All that's left are the 19mm trunion from Global Trades to mate the Chinese bbl. to a Euro style rec. and receiver.~and of course, a gunsmith~

So the questions come down to these: Has anyone else here had an 84s kit built? If so, details please! I would like to avoid using Norinco mags, I have some but they "belong" to another rifle and the current price they go for is a bit much. I'd prefer to go with modified '74 mags -OR- better yet, Bulgarian .223 waffle mags.

Next would be which OOW receiver, the 47 or 74? Next again would be who to have do the gun, it's going to be a bit of an oddball. (Rather a major oddball) I've considered having Global build it up similar to the SSR-85C only in .223 or possibly going with Inrange. And of course there's now an option of going with Ohio Rapid Fire which would be easier to deal with as I could drop off the parts and pick up the rifle in person--provided they'd have an interest in doing this particular build.

Your thoughts/opinions/experiences and recommendations all appreciated!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 10:49:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 11:44:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Campy. I'd like to go check out ORF and check out their rifles, in the meantime I'll try an e-mail. As for the feed ramp, do you know which section K-var would have 'em listed under? This kit came with a 5.45 Bulgarian trunion that has a feed ramp--maybe it would suffice? I figured the '74 rec. would be the better option but I've seen one of Chopperman's that was done on the -47 rec., but that was before OOW had the new ones in production.

I've gone round and round as to what the final configuration should be. I'd love to go with some laminate furnture and the bakes' to mock an early '74, but I'm not about to shell out the insane bucks for Russian wood and Ironwood seems to still be behind. Might go with the new stuff Global is supposed to be getting in, who knows it might end up black or K-var green...

Regardless, I want it done in time for Bulletfest IV !! I'll let you know how it progresses. Thanks!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top