Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/8/2003 8:08:05 PM EDT
Well Fellas I Finally Sandblasted U47 and its not near as bad as it looked before but I have a problem that needs to be Addressed before I move on.The SN is there and legable but one number is stamped light and Im sure that when it gets Parked itll be gone.How do I go about getting it restamped or deepened so when its parked itll still be visable?From what I read on the ATF site it could be sent back to the Importer to be restamped but GSAD isnt around any more are they?What do I do?Thanks,45B10
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I was under the impression that any gunsmith could restamp a serial number.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:43:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I may be wrong.It happens atleast once a day.LOL.What would keep anyone from just whipping out there trusty number stamps and just doing it themselves though and claiming a GS did it.I was tired when I was reading it and may have misread it but Im thinking it said something along the lines of the importer restamping it with the same type stamp.Ill have to go back tommorro and dig it up to be sure.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:07:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I may be wrong.It happens atleast once a day.LOL.What would keep anyone from just whipping out there trusty number stamps and just doing it themselves though and claiming a GS did it.I was tired when I was reading it and may have misread it but Im thinking it said something along the lines of the importer restamping it with the same type stamp.Ill have to go back tommorro and dig it up to be sure.

Didn't think he could change the serial number; just that a gunsmith could restamp the same number.

What happens when a gun is refinished and the serial number is obscured? They don't just throw them away; there must be a procedure for doing this.

Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:31:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top