Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2003 11:43:15 AM EDT
Hey,
I have a milled reciever MAK 91 Natl. Match rifle. This thing shoots better than any AK variant I have ever picked up.

The only problem that I have is, I hate the stock that is on it. It is a thumbhole jobbie that is a mite uncomfortable for me as I have fairly large hands, and the "pistol grip" portion is too short. It also seems to be made of very soft wood that has been painted.

My question is, will the draganov fiberforce stock that is made for the MAK 90 fit my rifle? If not, what are my options?
Thanks for the help.

Oh yhea, anyone else have one of these? What do you think of yours?
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. How do I know if my milled reciever is "angle cut"?
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got rid of one of those. It is slightly angle cut starting about halfway down the reciever. If you want to get something very nice ACE has the piece to use their skeleton stock. I am 90% sure that the Choate will work. CB
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 5:10:46 AM EDT
[#4]
The Choate is a better product than the Fiberforce IMO.  The Choate has an actual rubber recoil pad, and the structure and dimensions are just better than the Fiberforce.  They cost more as well, but the cost difference is not that much compared to what you get.

The Choate will probably work on an angle cut receiver.  It has a "pocket" in the area that the lower end of the receiver sits.  I'm pretty sure it's there to cover up the area that has the angle cut.  Regular straight cut fits in there as well.

I have a Choate myself that I switch on to any AK I get with a thumbhole to play with until I decide what to do with it furniture wise.  It's been on a bunch of different AKs, without any problem.  I think it would be the perfect RPK/Mak-91 stock.

Ross
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top