Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/3/2003 11:06:15 AM EDT
I was working on refinishing the furniture from my SAR1, and a terrible thing happened. I had gotten the wood stripped, and discovered that it was decent wood, and that is where the trouble startede. I took the newly stripped furniture back into the house and set it on top of a box of stuff that had been packed in prepeartion for the Lightning family relocation to Georgia, Mrs. Lightning came by later yesterday evening saw what she thought was the "junk gun parts I told her she could throw out", and in the bin they went. This morning I got up went to grab the parts and they were gone, after some heated words I went to retrieve the discarded valubles only to watch the garbage truck pulling off. I would just call up K-var and get a shiny new Bulgie set, but I was laid off in December from my wonderful job at WorldCom (which is why the lightning family is moving to GA in the first place) so funds are a little tight. If there is anybody looking to get rid of a stock set of any type for a stamped receiver AK at a reasonable price please contact me. Of course I would love an Ironwood set or black plastic 74 style, but I would be happy with a chewed up raggedy Chinese cordwood set if the cost is low. I also have tons of computer parts and quite a few Turk Mauser parts that I would be happy to trade as well. Hell, I am getting ready to move so I have tons of stuff around the house I would love to trade, just let me know.

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:45:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I can donate a nasty East German plastic stock. I used black textured paint on it. I've really man-handled this stock in a cro-magnon way.

I'm sure that someone could better with a thrown out SAR-1 or 2 wood stock set!
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 12:25:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a set of front handguards (top and bottom including gas tube) from a Chinese AK, brand new.  I also have a lower wooden handguard from a Romanian SAR 3.

Yours if you want them.

KF
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 12:46:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Ouch, like junk clothes you thought she told you to throw out, wrong dept. I believe I have a spare gas tube if that went with your wood. By Sun I expect someone with a Campyclone conversion to post with more spare wood bits.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 1:35:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Lightning, I am ordering an Sar2 on Sat. I am also ordering green hardware. It will be a week before it gets here but if you don't get something else its yours if you want it. CB  
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 1:37:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 2:12:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Man, just go give her a hug and a kiss and tell her you understand. I'm sure no one else has ever destroyed their womans clothes in the dryer.

Come on and post pictures of what you've got and see if anything strikes his eyes. Will post pictures of what I have after I remove the wifes clothes from the dryer.

You looking for wood,(solid or laminate) or plastic?
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 2:58:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:28:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got an East German plastic buttstock in new condition,let me know if you need it.I've got to go to work in the morning,be back sometime on the 7th.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:19:50 PM EDT
[#11]
See anything here that trips your trigger? Watch it Rot or I put up a picture of you in YOUR apron.

or

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Lightning,  I have a Romanian furniture set that I removed from my SAR-1 I could send you.  It is a great looking set (buttstock & hangards).  I never refinished it because it looked great, but I replaced it with a post Krink stock & laminated furniture.

Let me know if your interested.  I can post pictures if you would like.

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:14:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, thanks to a very generous offer from Tracker, I have a buttstock and front grip set. All I need now is a PG and I will be set. I would liek to thank everybody here for the offers to help a fellow board member out, you guys are great. I hate to sound all sappy and sentimental, but the response I got here really does make me proud to be a part of this board, and honored to be a moderator, on such a board. I am sure there are great people on the other boards, and there are plenty of pissing matches right here, but at AR15.COM folks really do pull together in times of need.

Humbled by the Kindness of others once again.
Lightning_P38

HBarski, don't worry I gave her a hug and let her know that I aint really mad, hey mistakes happen. We even kissed and made up. Besides times are tough enough already without arguing with those we love.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#15]
GOOD TO GO!
With all the K-VAR furniture upgrades I knew someone would have a wood stock set for ya. Oh yeah good thing you didn't go with my stockset. I'm a troll anyway..at least according to Hannah.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:14:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:43:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, that was quick. I should now be ready too put it back together. Firecontrolman, I guess I am a troll to so I wouldn't mind to much, I just changed my username last week. I'd rather be a troll than an 88 anyway.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top