Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 6:09:42 PM EDT
Has anybody seen the new rear sight for AKs that ACE is adverting on their website on the 'new products' page.  Basically it combines a M16A2 rear sight with an optics mount and looks pretty exciting to me.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Give us a hyperlink so we can check it out.

KF
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#2]
www.riflestocks.com/html/new_products.html

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Houston we have WOOD!

Wow, awesome, kickass!  What is the front sight on that AK, that is sweet beyond belief.  Where can I gets one of those AKs?  Granted I can't have an SBR... .
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Houston we have WOOD!

Wow, awesome, kickass!  What is the front sight on that AK, that is sweet beyond belief.  Where can I gets one of those AKs?  Granted I can't have an SBR... .

"Clamp-on Front Sight
Clamps rigidly to gas block. Shortens sight radius for rapid sight alignment. Comes with 5ea. colored sight posts. Length 2.225", height 1.760", width .890".  Note: one must use their own windage adjustment stud from the existing front sight.  Machined from solid 6061 T-6 aluminum billet."
www.riflestocks.com/html/ace_ltd__products_4.html
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#5]
They've been out awhile now guys. I'm suprised you folks haven't see it yet. I like the standard sight on my SAR-2 myself.

themao
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 3:25:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:24:32 AM EDT
[#7]
 If it shortens sight radius...isn't sight alignment for a 300 meter shot tough enough as it is?
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Assuming that the Ace aperture can be used with the issue front site than it increases the radius.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:20:12 AM EDT
[#9]
 Excellent.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:54:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Gotta tell ya guys, I had one of the ACE rear sights on my SAR3 and wasn't impressed. It made getting the receiver cover on / off damn near impossible. It also sat at a hair of a rearward ange, thereby partially obscuring the sight picture (the bottom portion of the sight picture). I would recommend the MOJO adjustable peep sight---it doesn't have any of the above mentioned problems.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top