Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/1/2003 4:39:07 PM EDT
Just got these today on Trade.They are both New.Guy said they were for a .223 AK.I tried it in the Mag Well of my MAK and it wont fit.The only markings on either mag is a 35 on the right side above the floorplate and a 32 on the other mag in the same place.So what do ya think there for and whats a fair price on em.Later,45B10
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:48:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Those are junk and worth nothing. Send them to me so I can dispose of them properly.

Edited- DAMN, 10 seconds too slow to be humorous
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#3]
If the guy said they were for a .223 AK, then they are East German Bakelite 5.45x39 mm magazines converted for use in a Romanian SAR-3 5.56x45 mm (.223) rifle. Check the feed lips to see if they had some work done to them for the conversion. I don't know if they'll still operate properly in a 5.45 rifle, but they will fit in the mag well per the law. The only way to find out is to test them in a SAR-2 (5.45) and SAR-3 (5.56).
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:53:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Might be real .223 modded mags and might be that the guy who sold them to him does not know the difference between 5.56 and 5.45 calibers and has them confused.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top