Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/29/2002 7:33:34 AM EDT
I've got a really strange work schedule,I'll be home for a few days then get called out and be away for the next 5 or 6 days.I've been following the U-47 story with great interest but I have'nt seen anything new lately,whats the status?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:59:27 AM EDT
[#1]
12/23/02
Checked out U47 and everything seems to be a GO.Have two loaded mags,CLP,range bag with tools,cleaning kit and BandAids.Was gonna fire it from a vice but have decided to throw caution to the wind and just shoot it.For safety sake I did wear my Ear Plugs.LOL.Was nervous the first round.Expected the worst.Only fired it about five times.Got tired of having to shoot it as a single shot .It would Fire,Cycle a new round and then when the trigger was pulled.NOTHING!!Id cycle the Bolt,dig my live round outa the snow and pull the Trigger.AGAIN NOTHING!!Did this 5 times and called it.Gonna take it to RSA this week anyway so I thought Id wait till after that for any more tests.I did look at it later this Eve and could find any stress cracks.Damn this is one tough AK.

NEXT STEP
Gonna head to Red Star Arms after Christmas.No further test or tinkering till after my trip.Ive been thinking along the lines of a Home rebuild.Im gonna try and Salvage all of the U47 parts I can and only replace what needs to be replaced.

Will Update Soon.
Later,
45B10
Commander of U-47
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:06:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks M4,I think I'm up to date now.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top