Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/28/2002 10:15:39 AM EDT
In a previous thread I posted that I had read that Arsenal was hinting at doing something with the Vepr. Well, a little more digging turned up some interesting info.

(As before, pardon the link to the fake SEAL home page.)

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=8d3f4466ffb603ec6efd60f002e8abb0&threadid=80819

"Ivan tells me that a good military RPK should shoot in the 1moa range.
..all of our new Arsenal receivers will be 1.6mm, and should be at least as strong as a milled receiver. This will allow us to go up to new, more powerful cartridges as we develop the Kalashnikov for the future. 1 moa is not the best that an AK can do with enough development. Stay tuned to this channel for further developments."
Jimmy @ Arsenal USA

Perhaps a AK-74 with a FEG receiver is more to your liking.
www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=8d3f4466ffb603ec6efd60f002e8abb0&threadid=74689

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=8d3f4466ffb603ec6efd60f002e8abb0&threadid=79032

But it seems like Arsenal may be gearing up to build American made PRK receivers in 7.62x39, 308, 5.56 and 5.45. Hmmm, think of an American AK with AR 1moa range accuracy and using AR ammo. Hmmmm.

"as we develop the Kalashnikov for the future"
Most intriguing.

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:10:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Perhaps I should consider selling my ARs now while they are still worth something
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:22:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 1:11:32 PM EDT
[#3]
damn@!! i really need a job now! when summer comes im working 40 hours a week nonstop. weeeeeeee!
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 1:48:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
redstararm's high power shooter did, indeed, prove that the .223 vepr is capable of running with the ar's. a little more tweaking and i have no doubt that it can score with a match grade ar-15.

the only thing lacking will be a short leade bbl., which the ar's have been running in competition for some time.

i'm currently working on a design for a free floated hand guard. there is still some catching up to do!

redstar gave us a trigger that is the equal of an nra legal match ar trigger (matter of fact, i rate it as good as my 2-stage rra match ar trigger). once a custom bbl. is installed (think of the possibilities..a kreiger in an ak!), the guards are floated and the sights reworked to ar standards (rpk windage, shaved front post and and a vernier on the elevation slide which now contains an apeture) the game should truely be 'on'.

i've got to agree with jimmy on his last statement. the key phrase is "enough development".

the 23.25" bbl. of the rpk offers extra velocity, also. properly cryo'd and setting in front of a short headspaced bolt that has been trued to the bore...i'm convinced a properly loaded rpk can deliver sniper grade performance.

and...like the saying goes, "speed costs, son...tell me, how fast do you wanna go?".

Free float huh? Hmmm, most interesting.
Here is something I am wondering, since it will be an American made rifle, when the 94 ban sunsets (and if no new one is legislated) does that mean that these rifles will be able to have folding stocks, treaded barrels, flash hiders and such?!
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 3:06:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top