Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/27/2002 10:47:50 AM EDT
Just a heads up. Interordnance www.interordnance.com is advertising Greek (Olympic brand) 7.62 X 39 for $120/1000.  This is BRASS, RELOADABLE non-corrosive ammo. This is about the best price you will see on brass reloadable ammo in this caliber for a while.

They are also advertising 7.62 X 54R for $290/1000.  It is the same spec as above.

I know MANY people are still pissed off waiting on your 8mm order from these guys, (AIM has the same 8mm in stock) but, I just thought I would let everyone know about this since it has ben asked about several times.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 10:59:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Since when were the Greeks commies?!?!?!  Did ya flunk history  ;)

Link Posted: 12/27/2002 11:14:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Acutally I was a history major.

The ammo is in Commie calibers, not the Greeks. Although the Commies did try really hard back in the 50's to take over. Head up to Akron OH. there is a junk yard up there full of U.S. WWII vintage scout cars with Greek flags just rusting away.

As for the Quality, it is considered to be be very bad ammo over on the AR side, but this is just the ss-109 round as I understand.  I have sold tons of the NATO spec 9mm without a complaint.

I really can not say much about the quality other than that. I think the guys on the AR side are a little finiky about their ammo, but the SS-109 could be crap as I have rarely seen it.

This post was just info for those interested in the reloadable ammo. Based on the 9mm, and m-193, I would say it is fine, based on what people say about the SS-109 it junk.  Looks like a crap shoot, we will just have to wait until some one tries it and reports back here.

The ammo is all touted as NATO spec.  I wonder what the NATO spec is for 7.62 X 39 and 7.62 X 54R is???????
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 11:54:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 12:21:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Aimless, thats the thread I was refering too.

In the past I have shot and reloaded Greek 55 grain .223 with no problem.  I have also sold and shot great amounts of the .303 and it works just fine.

Like I said. It could go either way.

BTW, WOLF is not a dirty word over here on the dark side!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY, I though Imbroglio only had a .38 special and a Ruger 10/22. How would he know?
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 2:04:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Greeks are communists. They tried to blow up one of my favorite writer's yacht awhile back (Taki). They also stiffed the royal family millions of dollars on land confiscated by the Greek government.

themao
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#7]
That just makes them typical greedy Europeans, not Communist.

I remember something about the boat, what was the story behind that anyway?

I doubt they could grasp the concept of communism, they are too busy trying to kill each other over something that happened 4,000 years ago.

Edited to get rid of unwarented attacks against the Greeks and Turks.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 9:49:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Ya, when that m2 carbine went, I decided no Greeks for me unless their women!

Brick
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top