BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2002 9:05:43 AM EDT
www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=6745147

www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=6737800

I take it that these are not RPK receivers like Veprs. Shame. Really like the fact that the rear is not angle-cut.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 3:02:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Those are Saiga rifles that have been converted by Hesse, so you pays your moneys and you takes your chances............

Personally, better stuff out there for about the same kind of money, or just save some and get an Arsenal Inc. SA-M7.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 3:59:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
the saiga's, as converted to pistol grip config, by ak-usa, krebs and s.a.i. are worth owning. i'm not to sure about the rest.

the vepr is i a much better rifle, albeit heavier. the rpk receiver and molot build quality are excellent, surpassing the izhmash product by a wide margin.

i agree, that receiver butcher job is skanky. nothing a good auto body repairman couldn't rectify for a hundred dollar bill.

$550 for a robarm 5.45 20" may be my next purchase.

then it's off to the mig welder to repair the ass end. always a project to get the ak the rest of the world buys for under $200.

Thanks C. If I'm not mistaken only Robarm imports the Veprs. Their new M-96 recon carbine (?) in 7.62x39 looks interesting as it apparently will take all THREE calibers, ak-47, ak-74 and ar-15.

Link Posted: 12/26/2002 7:40:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

$550 for a robarm 5.45 20" may be my next purchase.

then it's off to the mig welder to repair the ass end. always a project to get the ak the rest of the world buys for under $200.

Hmmm, I read over on the fake seal home forum that Arsenal USA is going to be doing something good with the Veprs.

Pardon the link:
www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=8d9df64d70a0ec912052052605ae54b8&threadid=93530

"The new rifles will look like standard AKs with the thicker sheetmetal receiver. All of the internal details will be corrected for the changing dimensions of the thicker walls.
Later we will produce some unusual looking AKs for special uses."
Jimmy@Arsenal-USA

Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Campy's right about AK-USA and such, but from what I've heard, Hesse doesn't actually get their fingers on the action, so it should be okay.  They replace the fire control group, weld in a piece of pipe for a feed ramp (works okay I guess), weld on the muzzle brake, and add a pistol grip and stock.  

I think their price is way too high.  I bought my saiga for $200 and spent $100 converting it myself.  I have a better stock (K-VAR) but lack the muzzle brake...

The .308 isn't bad, but they only come with 8 round mags, not 10 like the ad says.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:55:18 PM EDT
[#7]
KREBBBBBBSSSSS

Link Posted: 12/27/2002 10:05:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Those are Saiga rifles that have been converted by Hesse, so you pays your moneys and you takes your chances............

Personally, better stuff out there for about the same kind of money, or just save some and get an Arsenal Inc. SA-M7.

The first picture looks like my new Saiga/EAA that were just produced (Cocoa,FL I think)... Maybe they're not Hesse? I'd sure ask the 'brand' before writing them off.

I just got back from hunting and fired a few hundred rounds before we left and its a good weapon with a smooth trigger and no trigger slap. Much smoother action than my SAR-1 for not much more $$$. YMMV
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top