Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/21/2002 3:09:52 PM EDT
After having been banned from one board for merely asking who a good krink builder was, I was fortunate enough to be introduced to Troy Sellars at Knob Creek.  

A customer of Troy's had his personal weapons at The Creek to fire on the lower range.  I really wanted a nice Krinkov so I asked the customer to prove his Krinkov really worked.  I purchased several thousand rounds in two different calibers (7.62 and 5.45), paid range fees, enlisted the help of the sons of the owner for magazine reload detail, and began to rapid fire the semi automatic Krinkovs as fast as possible.  I fired the 5.45 until it was so hot I could not hold it, I then fired the other 7.62 Krinkov until it was just as hot.  I then repeated this process numerous times until the resting weapons burst into flames around the front upper and lower handguards.  After putting the fire out with "Knob Creek" muddy water, we continued firing while holding the weapons by the sling and magazine.  Not once did I encounter a failure to feed, failure to fire, or failure to extract.  These Krinkovs just wouldn't quit.  That was enough to convince me and as I hiked back up the hill to the Vendors Area, I was already thinking what I wanted out of a Krinkov.  

After meeting Troy and his family in the Vendor Area at Knob Creek, I realized I was dealing with an honest man and one who is technically and tactically proficient in all aspects of the AK weapon system.

This Krinkov was built with the side mount rail and other necessary options that I deemed necessary.  After a thorough inspection of the weapon I am confident that it will take more than two cases of ammo, and the use of a barrel change (asbestos) glove to even come close to making this weapon misfire.  I plan on installing cobra optics and will post accuracy results at the next available opportunity.

TREADMARKS

http://www.inrangec2.com/photos/tread1.jpg

http://www.inrangec2.com/photos/tread2.jpg
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Look's good to me
good luck with it
i love my krinkov
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Let me get this straight....You borrowed someones Krinkov's, then fired them till they burst into flame? Are you always this considerate when using someone elses equipment?

Please do not ask to borrow any of my firearms!
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Those were my Krinkovs and I invited him to shoot with us at The Creek.  It was the first time I had fired my 5.45 Krinkov and I really wanted to break it in right....:)

Besides, the AK system can take a beating and the weapons will go in for an overhaul after 10 to 15 thousand rounds.  Cosmetics (wood, finish, etc.) can be taken care of at the same time.

Happy Shooting!

Krinkfreak

Link Posted: 12/21/2002 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Those were my Krinkovs and I invited him to shoot with us at The Creek.  It was the first time I had fired my 5.45 Krinkov and I really wanted to break it in right....:)

Your generosity is overwhelming and no doubt in my mind that they were broken in but you may not want to let TREADMARKS borrow your car or your girlfriend for that matter.

This certainly speaks well for Troy's work.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 6:08:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 7:06:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one better than that. Raliegh from O.O.W. has captured my milled 7.62 Krinkov for the last three Creeks. He picks it up on Thursday and I don't see it again til Sunday afternoon. It has in excess of 7,000 rounds through it WITHOUT a cleaning. I want to shoot it til it stops. My stuff is for shooting. If I want a wall hanger, I'll buy a picture of an AK. I MIGHT meet up with some of the AR-15/AK guys on the lower range in the spring for an AK/PK shoot.
How about it?

Merry Christmas,
Troy Sellars
IN RANGE C2
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 8:57:13 AM EDT
[#7]
You guys have sure got my attention. What do I need to get together to ship?

Receiver: OOW? Are there any avail milled recs out there anymore? Will Global sell their FEG's?

Parts kits: I've seen K-VARs. What is the quality of theirs? Any others available?

RSA FCG's and retainers: Sounds like Troy has these?

Scope rail avail?

I guess I really don't need more than a rec and kit. Is that so?

What kind of cost can I expect for build?

Also, what cal do you guys think? 5.45 or 7.62?

That Krink is awesome, Treadmarks.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#8]
This Krinkov is so nice, even Charlie likes it....

http://www.ohiorapidfire.com/kf/charlie1.jpg

But even Charlie knows she has to cross the sights of Beetle....

http://www.ohiorapidfire.com/kf/beetle1.jpg

TREADMARKS
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I have forwarded this thread to the ASPCA for animal cruelty...  ugly gray plastic guns with thumbhole stocks?  You sick fuck!
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I like Charlie's 'Cujo' eyes.  Evil....
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 4:14:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Well Troy, mine is on the way as of today.  You are about the recieve the most anally packed Krink kit in history.  

You will not be short rubber bands any time soon!
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:58:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You guys have sure got my attention. What do I need to get together to ship?

Receiver: OOW? Are there any avail milled recs out there anymore? Will Global sell their FEG's?

Parts kits: I've seen K-VARs. What is the quality of theirs? Any others available?

RSA FCG's and retainers: Sounds like Troy has these?

Scope rail avail?

I guess I really don't need more than a rec and kit. Is that so?

What kind of cost can I expect for build?

Also, what cal do you guys think? 5.45 or 7.62?

That Krink is awesome, Treadmarks.

Helloooo. Anybody out there? Okay. Anybody out there who gives a shit?
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#13]
BTT. I too would like to know what it would run to put one together.

And I'm assuming that with a faux FH and pinned stock you can have a postban krink?
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
BTT. I too would like to know what it would run to put one together.

And I'm assuming that with a faux FH and pinned stock you can have a postban krink?

I have found out a few things but would like some more input.

Anyway, KVAR has Krink kits for $299. Uncertain of quality.
Will need a US PG, Inrange will put RSA FCG in and they have these in stock.

Kreb's has gas pistons--I believe they are US but haven't called yet.

KVAR has Bulg side scope rails. I am uncertain of the quality of those and would like some input.

OOW has the receivers that Troy likes to work with per his email to me.

Next build is in March for the Krinks at Inrange.

The faux suppressor is US ?????

This is what I know so far.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#16]
drjarhead, the cheapest place I found to build a Krinkov kit was www.investmentgradefirearms.com.  Their price to build the kit the last time I checked was $190 plus shipping or $260 to build and park plus shipping.  About a year ago, I got a quote of $80 just to press the barrel into the trunion with the correct headpace and drilling/installing the barrel pin.  If you want to do some of it yourself, that's probably your cheapest choise.

Also are you specifically wanting to build a Krinkov or just an AK?  K-VAR has brand-new Bulgarian AK-74 kits for $160.  Then, you wouldn't have to add-on the fake can to make the barrel length the 16" minimum.z
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm interested in a Krink right now but will probably pick up a AK-74 kit also. Can't beat that price with a fuckin' stick. Maybe later for that but I've already got several AK's. Want a Krink

That's a pretty good price at IGF's. $425 seems pretty high. Do those of you who did it think it was worth it?

Thanks, Rotdorn. I think I'll go with the 5.45. I have about thirty mags for that cal but no gun...
Of course I might change my mind next week but I'll probably order the Krink kit as soon as I finish this.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 9:35:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 4:25:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Having two Krinkovs in 7.62 and 5.45, I noticed a definite difference while shooting at Knob Creek....

There was a bowling pin downrange aways, and while shooting it with the 5.45 it consistently moved the bowling pin around the range....but when shooting it with the 7.62 it was "flinging" the bowling pin around the range.

Overall, the 5.45 is mild in recoil and very controllable.  The 7.62 was hard hitting with a substantial increase in recoil.

It's a flip of the coin as to what caliber you want.  No drums for the 5.45 though....

Happy Shooting!

KF
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 5:08:20 AM EDT
[#20]
As far as the build price goes, 425 for a quality build is outstanding.  For example, while we were chewing up the brass at the creek, there was this guy bump firing one a few positions down from us. He must have been practicing his malfunction clearance drills, cause he was jackin his slide about 10 times per mag.  For me, that would suck!  I don't mind jackin my slide at home, but in front of the KCR crowd that would be just too damn embarrassing.

So, unless you want to be a slide jacker too, get the job done right.  425 and about 3-4 month turn-a-round from InRange is going to be tuff to beat!  I won't be sending my AK stuff anywhere else!

TREADMARKS
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 6:58:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Sounds like good advice guys. I'll drop the extra cash for better quality, any day.

I already ordered the 5.45 kit but I can always get a 7.62 also, right?! I also got the '74 kit while I was at it!

How many US parts are required? RSA FCG, US pistol grip, and receiver are 5. Do I need another?--IOW, is the faux suppressor US or foreign?
Thanks for the help and advice, everyone.

Gotta say, I'm pretty excited about this.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top