Posted: 12/15/2002 2:51:39 PM EDT
M1A Bush Rifle courtesy of Treadmarks

Browning .30 courtesy of Ohio Rapid Fire

Link Posted: 12/15/2002 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Campy,

That was in October of this year.  I shoot at Springvalley near Xenia.

The Browning has spade grips manufactured by Bramble.  Got them as an add on to the semi auto Browning from Ohio Rapid Fire.

Yeah, the mount was walking bigtime.  The assistant gunner keeps his foot on the right leg, and the gunner usually steps on the rear leg...then you just hope the left leg doesn't hop too bad.  The concrete was gouged big time when we were done.  I bet the range master was pissed....

I gotta get a linking machine soon.  Anytime I take it shooting, the thumbs and fingers can only take about 250 rounds when linking by hand.  Then it's let the blisters heal for about a week.

KF
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 3:56:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 5:20:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Eye protection? Just an observation, not meant to be a flame.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 7:59:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 8:26:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Especially the short barrel M-1A`s!
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeah, the mount was walking bigtime.  The assistant gunner keeps his foot on the right leg, and the gunner usually steps on the rear leg...then you just hope the left leg doesn't hop too bad.  

Newbie Question - how does the asst. gunner keep from getting his face burned off by the brass?  Does it stay linked?
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 12:34:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Campy,

YEAH!  Send me something on the linker you're designing.  What a thumb and finger saver!  I saw the HeXXe grips.....flimsy and cheap.  I got mine from Ohio Rapid Fire (they got them from Bramble) and here's a link:

http://www.1919a4.com/spadegrips/

Slacker, you're right.  Good observation and duly noted.  Guess I got caught up in the moment and started blasting away.  Eye protection is a must!

El Roto, the cloth belt comes out the oposite side and the brass ejects from the bottom and falls beneath the weapon.  If using metal links, then they would be the "disintegrating" type and fall out of the opposite side of the weapon, and the brass would still eject from the bottom and fall beneath the weapon.

Boys let me tell you.....until you shoot a Browning .30,  you just ain't shot the big dog yet....  What a muzzle blast!  When I was at the Creek in October, I saw the short barrel kits being sold...Bet that would suck your teeth right out of your jaws when you shoot it....

Gonna miss the April shoot at the Creek.  Uncle Sam is giving me an all expense paid trip to the desert.

KF
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 1:09:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah, the mount was walking bigtime.  The assistant gunner keeps his foot on the right leg, and the gunner usually steps on the rear leg...then you just hope the left leg doesn't hop too bad.  

Newbie Question - how does the asst. gunner keep from getting his face burned off by the brass?  Does it stay linked?

The brass does not stay linked.  Empty cases are ejected out the bottom on a Browning.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top