Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2002 6:34:45 AM EDT
I've been trying to find out when and where the AK  was first used in a skirmish.For a while I was satisfied the first action the AK saw was the Hungarian Revolution in 1956,recently I've learned of the possibility,it may have been introduced to battle during the East German Uprising in 1953.If you have any info to add,please do.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 8:58:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 9:08:13 AM EDT
[#2]
They kept the 74 a mystery until Afganistan,there are some intelligence reports that mention the New Soviet Assault rifle spotted during one of the Great Parades.Soldier Of Fortune magazine actually printed an article on the first AK74 in Western Hands close to the same time the DOD finally had an opprotunity to inspect one.It still was'nt until later that our Government could come to appreciate the 5.45 round for its true capabilities.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I've forwarded this same question in a few other places,so far,its made several folks scratch their heads but no one has come up with anything documented.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Not finding much info on the types of small arms used in East Germany in 1953,but I did read about a Chineese/Russian clash in 1969.Approximately 30 Chineese Soldiers Ambushed and killed Approximately 30 soviet Soldiers in a border dispute.The Soviet Soldiers approached the Chineese Soldiers and advised them to leave Soviet territory as they have in the past,but this time the Chineese opened up on them and even used artillery from a near by Island.This incident occured on 2 March 1969.On March 14 the Soviets re-took control of the territory with a massive artillery barrage and "overwhelming force".
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top