Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2002 7:27:05 PM EDT
I've thought about picking up an AK, but like AR's, there are so many different ones to choose from.

At the last gun show I attended, I was actually VERY impressed with the fit and finish of a Bulgarian AK.  It looked like what you'd expect if Colt or Bushmaster made AK's. The metal work is very crisp and clean, the lettering is precisely engraved, and a lot of attention has been paid to the details. Even the wood was quite good and quite well fitted and finished.

Do these Bulgarian AK's work as good as they look?

Where would they rate on the list of various AK's, best to worst?

CJ

Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Well if Rotdorn's SAR is a slut... a Bulgie is an extremely high priced call girl...  Not only is she a wild lay, she's got class and stle and you wouldn't mind being seen in public with her .
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#2]
So I assume that a Bulgarian AK is a good one...

CJ

Link Posted: 12/3/2002 9:29:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The Bulgy will rock the Casba with the best of them.

-SS
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 10:22:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine is built like a tank. I love it. Of all my AK's, it is definatly my favorite.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 4:17:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 6:07:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Bulgy is top notch in comparision to most others I have.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 1:29:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Bulgarian SLR-95 and it is great.  I have had and/or fired other types but I think that the Bulgarian is the best.  AKs are very much like SKSs...you must check them over very well prior to buying.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 9:31:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a SLR-95 that I use to shoot clay birds on the berm at ~100yards.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 4:40:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a SLR-95.......like the Campyman say's, "heavy but nice."
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 5:28:07 AM EDT
[#10]
DUDE LET ME TELL YOU I OWN TWO OF THEM AND I'VE GOT TO SAY THAT THEY ARE THE BEST AK-47 I'VE EVER OWNED BAR NONE AND I'VE OWNED THEM ALL.. THE BULGGIES ARE WHERE MY YEARS OF SEARCHING FOR THE PERFECT AK HAVE LED ME. MY SA-93 AND MY SLR-95 ARE THE TOPS IN MY BOOK... JUST MY .002 CENTS  
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 6:47:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Good news to hear.

Now for the tricky part:

What's a fair price range to pay, assuming excellent condition, in both post-ban and pre-ban configurations, assuming of course that there IS such a thing as a legally imported pre-ban Bulgarian AK?

CJ

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top