Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/30/2002 7:36:30 PM EDT
The cleaning rod on my SAR3 come out when I shoot. Most times I take it out, but sometimes I forget. After about 5 shots the tip of it is about 2 inches infront of the muzzle. I've tried bending the tip of it just a little to keep it locked on that little pin, but it didn't work. Was wondering if anyone had any advice. I'd really like to keep it on the rifle at all times instead of taking it off before shooting and putting it back afterwards.

It's a romanian SAR3. I think it was made in 2002.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 8:55:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the same problem with my SAR2.I just took it off before I shot it off.I believe when they made them post ban configuring they cut part of the bayo lug off that would normally hold it in place. Something like that.War Dawg
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 5:15:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 5:35:27 AM EDT
[#3]
That's a damn good idea there Campy. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Wait  !! Wait  !!

I have one more "fix" -- go to local hardware store and pick up a small "split key ring", if you know what I mean.  Mine is about 1/2 inch in diameter, cost of 19 cents.  Remove cleaning rod and run the split key ring into the hole at the end of the cleaning rod.  Insert cleaning rod into rifle, and make sure the key ring is "flipped back, on top" of the cleaning rod (does this make sense ?!?!?).  Anyway, push down the end of the cleaning rod as it comes to the bottom of the front sight base, and slip the key ring over the little nubbins at the bottom of the front sight base.  Cleaning rod is now locked on to the bottom of the front sight base.  Did this with my SAR 3 and it works like a charm  ! !  (sure hope this makes sense  ! ! )

Link Posted: 12/2/2002 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll try yours first BeeBee. I think I have one here around the house. Thanks for the Idea. you guys are good. I kick myself for not thinking of stuff like this. Thanks again!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top