Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2002 7:27:03 PM EDT
Was at the AK shop I just found and traded my SAR 1 for a Norinco with US wood furniture set.Kept the Cobra off it but left the KVAR Furniture on it.I havent been able to shoot it yet but am very impressed with it so far.Finish is alot nicer,bolt feels alot smoother & doesnt hang up in rear position,sight post doesnt lean to the left and it doesnt have the side rail on it.My SAR was plauged with problems and the finish was nasty.The rail wasnt bad since I had the Cobra on it but I really didnt like the Cobra so I would have just as soon not had the rail.I just kinda felt that the Norinco was alot better rifle than my SAR was.Plus around here Norinco AKs go for betwen 400-500 and I can get a SAR for around 325 at the Fun Shows.So what do you guys think?Fair Trade or Not?
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 8:02:59 PM EDT
[#1]
milled or stamped Norinco, standard stock set or butthole?  I think you did good, especially if you sell the kobra to recoup some of the money or trade it for another KVAR set if that's what you like.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Its a Stamped Receiver.For some reason I cant warm up to the Milled Receivers.It doesnt have the Butthole stock.Its got a US Made AK style stock set.Thats the only reason I let him have my KVAR set.I dont know who the Stock set is made by but its nice.I think I did good.Im talkin to him about trading the Cobra for 2 4pack mag sets and 1/2 case of ammo.I cant wait to shoot it but Deer Season ends next week and I still havent taken my Deer yet so I guess Ill have to wait a bit.Later,45B10
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#3]
How much you want for the Kobra?
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 8:35:56 PM EDT
[#4]
sociopath
        Id as soon trade it out here local.Im probably gonna do the mags and ammo deal since itll work out to about 140.00 in stuff.He wants 45.00 apiece for the Mag packs and 45.00 for 500 rounds so Ill end up ahead of what Id get out of it used.I bought it used without the box,papers and adj tool and would hate to ask a whole lot for it now.Thanks  for the intrest though.Later,45B10
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top