Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2002 7:26:02 PM EDT
Have a few extra bucks comming in next week and will have some too spend.Here is what Im pondering over now.
1.SAR 3
2.Buying a Receiver and building my own AK
3..223 12in Barrel for my Encore
4.10in 45LC/.410 Barrel for my Encore
5.75 Rd drum and more Ammo for my SAR1
Ok what I have.AR15 that Ive built pretty much from scratch.SAR1 that Ive added KVAR stocks and mounted a Cobra on.Remington 870 21in with Syn stocks and mag extention.Stainless 9MM Browning Hi-Power and of coarse a Tack Drivin Stainless 10/22.These are not all I own but the ones I shoot the most.What I want is to add somthing to round off what I allready have or to add to my fun guns.Thats why Im thinking about the .223 Barrel for my Encore.I bought as a 209x50 Black Powder with the intentions of turning it into a .223 pistol or going the 45LC/.410 route.Either would be fun to shoot and I could hunt either of them as long as I kept limitations on how far I shot.So what do you guys think?Later,45B10
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:41:38 PM EDT
[#1]
What the hell is an encore? Forget the drum mag. 30 rounders work fine, and if you need more than that, go for a 40-45 round mag.

Anyway, building an AK sounds like a lot of fun, if you have the time, tools and skill of course.

If you want a gun right away, get a SAR-2 in 5.45x39. Stay clear of the SAR-3. YOu'll have to get a new hammer and trigger for it (Red Star Arms), and even then, the SAR-3 in 5.56 is rather finicky with magazines (German Steel Weiger mags are a must).

If you get a SAR-2, granted the 5.45 round is hard to come by, but magazines are cheaper and you can turn it into either an old style wood AK-74 clone or a new age AK-74M clone with black polymer. Muzzle brake of course as well.

themao

Got ice picks?
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#2]
A Encore is almost the same as a Contender.Ill end up with a Drum either now or later just trying to decide when.Dont need it just want it for shits and grins.I can pick up 30'S here for $10.00 and have been buying a couple of them each week.If I go the AK route itll be .223.I would have to Drive atleast 100 miles or Order ammo to get 5.45 around here.Just not worth it to me.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#3]
You need them all---Buy what you can afford!
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 4:18:25 AM EDT
[#4]
If you have access to a shop press and some riveting equipment, build your own. Otherwise, get a SAR 2 or 3 and a RSA trigger set.
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 5:06:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Whatever you decide, Send it to me for Extensive testing.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top